Abandoned

A B A N D O N E D

Hermione screamed, expecting Malfoy's blood to wash over her.  But the wetness never came.  She ran her shaky hands through her hair when she realised that the pain had stopped. Her hands hit something hard and cold.  She slowly and cautiously opened her eyes and looked around.  She was not in the cold hallways of Malfoy Manor anymore. Malfoy must've apperated them.

Relief hit her like a tsunami. No more cruciartis curses were coming her way. Bellatrix was not going to hurt her in unthinkable ways again. She was not going to be dragged by her hair to yet another room of horrors. No more knifes were going to cut into her. She was not a prisoner anymore. It was over. She was safe.

She was in a small, simple room.  There was a single bed in one corner and a desk in the other.  A faded yellow armchair sat on top of a grey rug in the centre of the room.  Springs were sticking out of it at odd angles, like somebody had pushed them out forcefully.  The skirting boards were wooden and chewed, mice probably.  And a thick layer of dust costed everything, as if nobody had been here in decades. 

Hermione was hunched on the stone floor but Malfoy stood gracefully gazing out of the small window.  Hermione tried to rise to join him (and question him).  She yelped as a sharp pain shot up her legs.  Malfoy turned and glanced at her, his eyes were tired and red, like he hadn't slept for weeks.  For a split second, she thought she saw something else in his eyes other than pure annoyance.
"Granger,  don't do anything stupid while I'm gone."  He turned on his heel and walked out the room.