December 24th, 1960

As the children gather by the Christmas tree, Mrs.Crushal gets everyone's presents. Every Christmas, the orphans get small gifts. Some they don't want, some they do want. Mrs.Crushal always picks a favorite orphan who actually gets what they want. It was a big orphanage, but Lillian felt her chances were high this year. She had asked for a diary to record her life. "Ok girls! Time to open your presents!" said Mrs.Crushal. As soon as she said that all the girls started diving in. By the time they were done, most of them ended up disappointed and some were crying. "You all take what you get for granted!" Lillian said as she went over to the tree to look for her gift. The last one left was wrapped beautifully with a bow. Lillian picked it up and unwrapped it. She had gotten a diary, just like she asked! She unlocked the lock and looked inside. "Favorite Orphan, Christmas 1960" was labeled on the inside cover. "YES" Lillian screamed as she started jumping up and down. That made most girls complain more about what they got and that they weren't the favorite orphan. Lillian ran up to Mrs.Crushal and hugged her. "GET OFF!" Mrs.Crushal screamed. Then Lillian ran back over to where the rest of the girls were. After they were all calmed, Mrs.Crushal turned off the lights and they all went to sleep.