Chapter 16

Heeeey guys. I'm backkk.

Jas in MM..

-
"I'm just saying, I like the high-tops over the lows. Is that a crime?" Tyshon asked.

Chris smacked his lips. "What you think Odell? High or low?"

Odell snapped out of his thoughts and looked over to their awaiting faces.

"Man, he in la la land. He don't know." Tyshon said waving him off.

Odell just sighed. He hadn't been himself these past two days and everybody was starting to pick that up.

"Anyway, why you over here?" Tyshon asked causing Odell laugh a little.

"Damn, I can't chill with the bros?" he asked throwing his hands up.

"Nah you only come around lately when Jasmine ain't around. So wassup?" Chris asked.

Odell laughed a little before shaking his head. "Man, I wish I knew where she was."

Chris and Tyshon both shook their heads preparing for the story. It was always something with those two.

-

"So basically you started this whole argument for him?" Brittany sat confused as she listened to Jasmine's story.

Jasmine sighed.

"I didn't mean too, but it happened and I feel like shit, it looks like I tried to play him."

Britt shook her head. "Jas, I know that NCCU has always been your choice but honey, you've got to compromise."

Jasmine stayed silent and just listened. "Don't you love him?"

Jasmine nodded her head.

"Do you plan on being with him forever?"

A small smile crept on Jasmine's face as she nodded.

"Exactly , so you're going to have to compromise and apply for a school close by. Texas A&M is a great school and it's in state." Brittany said.

Jasmine felt as if she was being torn. It had always been her plan to go to Winston-Salem University for undergraduate school and then to North Carolina Central University for graduate school. She'd feel silly changing all that for a guy.

But then again, Odell wasn't just a guy.

"I don't know Britt. I'm just scared, what if we break up and I'm here for another four years."

Britt rolled her eyes. "Girl Odell is not leaving you unless you do something. Y'all will be fine."

Jasmine took a deep breath. She couldn't believe that she was actually about to change something so huge in her life for a man.

-

"Everyone bring it in." Coach Moss yelled.

Odell and all the other first and second string players ran into a huddle around their coach.

"Okay guys, our first away game is amongst us. In two days we will be traveling to New York to face the New York Rams. I'll have the schedule for you guys tomorrow, but our flight leaves at 10 in the morning. Understand?"

"Yes coach." Everyone said.

"You're dismissed." He said.

Odell grabbed his practice helmet and gloves, totally over the whole day. He'd been at practice since 7 am and it was now going on 11:30.

After gathering his things Odell walked out of the locker rooms and made his way towards his car. He missed his buddy Craig with him at practices and it was weird without him. But Odell knew he had to do this for him.

After driving for a couple minutes Odell arrived home seeing Jasmine's Chevy Cruze in the driveway. That automatically made him smile.

Jasmine hopped out of her car and waited for him to get his bags. Today she sported a black t-shirt dress, paired with her all black pumas with a gold toe.

"Wassup?" Odell said as he approached her.

"We need to talk..." she said looking up at him.

Odell nodded before telling her to follow him. He unlocked the door and sat his things down while she took a seat on his leather couch.

"So wassup?" He asked while taking a seat across from her.

Odell couldn't deny the fact that he was happy to see Jasmine but he also was very upset about the whole situation.

"Well we haven't talked in about a week or two and I think it's about time we talk about everything that happened that night."

Jasmine could tell that Odell was a little mad but she was hoping it would blow over quickly.

Odell sighed. "You said all you had to say Jas. I'm not going to make you choose in between yours dreams and me."

"See this is the thing. My dreams wouldn't be complete if I didn't have you. Yeah I'll have a great job, a nice car, and a nice house. But what about having someone to cuddle up to and share all of that with? I need that and it took me a while to see it, but I'm ready now."

Odell couldn't help the small smile that crept on his face.

"So what about college?" He asked.

"I guess I'll go to somewhere close to here and in-state. I'll be fine." She said. "I'm willing to compromise."

Odell smiled before leaning in and pecking her lips. He was so thankful to have his baby girl back.

"I love you Jasmine." He said looking into her eyes.

Jasmine's heart almost skipped a beat hearing that. "I love you too."

"Stop leaving me Jas." He slightly laughed before pulling her into a light kiss.

-------

I know it's been a while, but I'm back & I'm so much better, so, so much better. *Bryson Tiller vc*

This was just a short update to keep y'all from threatening me in my inbox 😂 lol,  I promise I'll update more often. I've really just been busy and every time I thought I was gonna be free, I had more shit to do.

But yeah, comment and vote loves.