Chapter 6

I think I met real nigga, he tells me what it is, I think I met a trill nigga, he handling his business. - Tink x Bonnie

Tyshon & Chris in MM.

*

Jasmine J.

"Hey baby." Odell said greeting me with a kiss. "You ready?"

"Yeah." I said grabbing my phone.

Once we got into the car we were on our way. Today, Tyshon and Chris had invited us over, as well as others from our high school squad. It's gone feel good too just be back with them.

After me and Britt left, the others stayed home and went to school or immediately joined the work force.

Minutes later we pulled into Chris's driveway. We hopped out and before we could even get to the door, Chris opened it, with a goofy grin on his face.

"Wassup y'all?" he smirked opening the door.

"Wassup?" Odell said dapping him up while I walked in.

When we got to the living room, Chris pointed toward the outside where I could see Britt, Tyshon, & Lonnie.

Odell led me outside causing everyone to greet us.
We took a seat at the huge table everyone was at.

"Long time no see Jas." Britt laughed.

"Don't y'all stay together?" Lonnie asked.

Lonnie was always cool with the group. Tyshon introduced her to us when they first began dating. They've been inseparable ever since.

"Yeah, but she's always with Odell for like 2 weeks straight." she scoffed playfully.

I laughed. "I'm sorry. I promise I'll be home tomorrow."

Odell looked at me causing everybody to laugh.

"So what's up with y'all? Y'all date?" Chris asked.

"We just chilling." Odell answered, throwing his arm on my chair.

"Just chilling ain't staying every night with each other." Lonnie smirked.

I laughed. "Y'all heard the man, we just chilling." I smiled looking up at him.

He smiled showing his teeth before leaning down and pecking my
lips.

"Y'all got some shit with y'all." Tyshon said causing everybody to laugh.

*
Odell B.

"You sure you know what you doing Chris?" I asked as he flipped a burger on the grill.

"Hell nah, he don't." Tyshon said.

"Yes I do. I can cook on the grill." he said before closing the top. "But anyway, guess what."

"Wassup?" I asked sipping from my Pepsi.

"Y'all remember Jessie from school?" he asked.

Me and Ty both nodded.

"She hit me up on Twitter out of nowhere on some crazy shit man. Like some real crazy shit." he said.

"About what?" I asked.

"She telling me that she got pregnant after graduation and that I was the only guy she was with in that time period." he said.

"You got a baby man?" Ty asked.

"I don't know yet. I'm waiting on the DNA results to come back." he said

"Damn Chris. It's a boy or girl?" I asked.

"A little girl." he sighed.

"Look anything like you?" Ty asked.

"A little bit." he said. "But off of me, did you ever contact the Giants back?"

I sighed. "Nah."

"Man, what's wrong with you? Odell you been playing football all your life and now you just gone quit after one bad injury. They see your potential." Chris said.

I was so tired of having this conversation.

"Look, I'm a businessman. Football ended for me in college." I said.

Yes, it was true. I went to college for about 2 months before dropping out. I had a football scholarship, but that quickly went down the drain when I tore my ACL. After that football has been cut for me.

"Odell, you love football. Football is all you thought about. You're healthy now bro. They want you to come audition, you might as well." Ty said.

"I'm not going, and that's that." I said sipping from my beer.

"They gave you 30 days to make your decision, make it Odell. Make the right choice." Chris said before walking away.

*

Jasmine J.

"Stopppp." I laughed loudly as Odell tickled me. I seriously hate being tickled.

"You're lucky, you're cute." he laughed while still hoovering over me.

He smiled down at me before kissing my lips.

"I have some news to tell you." I said.

"Yeah?" he asked before rolling beside me and placing me on his lap so that I was facing him.

"A basketball player came to my office yesterday. Draymond Green. He wants me to be his physical therapist. " I smiled.

"That's great baby." he smiled.

"I'm so happy. My 1st celebrity!" I squealed.

"I'm proud of you." he leaned up and pecked my lips.

"Now about you...." she said. "I wasn't meaning to ease drop earlier, but I had to go get a drink from the cooler."

"Okay...?" he asked.

"Why won't you go tryout?" I asked.

I've seen Odell play and I know he loves the sport.

He sighed loudly. "Don't."

"No Odell listen, you can't let one injury put you down! You're more than just a businessman, you're make to be a football player. This is God giving you a second chance."  I said.

He looked up at me, shaking his head.

"I'm scared Jasmine." he said lowly. "Getting hurt broke my spirit. I worked hard all my life for football, then one little accident happens and I'm done? They just remove me from
college and let me suffer, I'm not good enough for the NFL. I wasn't even good enough for college. So why go embarrass myself?"

"You're not embarrassing yourself baby, don't you see! The scouts waited until you were healthy because they knew you were good enough. Most guys would kill for this Odell! You only played a couple games in college and they seen your potential." I said.

he stayed quit for a second.

"You think I should really do this?" he asked.

"Yes. They want you. You know you want too." I said.

"I'm doing it." he said.

I smiled before kissing his lips.

"You got to be here rooting me on, every step of the way. No matter what." he said.

"No matter what baby." I smirked.

------

Bet y'all didn't expect that lol.

Odell is daddy af.

I need y'all to comment a lot! Like a wholeeee lot.

Has anybody ever watch The ReAwakening TV show? Donte Fain?

But yeah, what y'all think about Odell trying out?

love y'all.