19. A Strange Gift

Comincia dall'inizio

He dodged the spell, but it was so powerful that it still had an impact and hit the chair behind him. I made a mental note that his shield wasn't as strong when he used non-verbal magic.

"Avis!" Several birds flew out of my wand, "Oppugno," and the birds aggressively flew in Draco's direction.

"Protego Totalum!" They flew into his shield, disappearing one by one. "Flipendo!"

Shoot! I thought to myself... how was I supposed to block this?

I tried to dodge it, by moving to my right, but the spell hit me, I was off the ground and had a harsh landing on my stomach.

"Ow! That hu-" And my wand flew out of my hand, caught by Draco, who had used a non-verbal Disarming Charm. He walked up to me and got down to my level.

"Next time, try Impendimenta for easier landing," he tossed me back my wand and I groaned in pain.

"You would've saved me the pain if you did it yourself... thanks a lot, Malfoy," I said sarcastically as I slowly got up, my whole body feeling numb from the harsh landing.

"Not like you didn't deserve it," he smirked.

"I'll get you back Malfoy, don't underestimate me!"

"Yeah, OK Trails, whatever helps you sleep at night," he headed for the door and exited.

"You bloody prick," I muttered while standing up weakly.

-----------------------------------------------------

After a few days, Christmas arrived. Normally, I was very excited for Christmas. But this year, Christmas was going to end short. If anything, it was more stressful than any other day. You-Know-Who was supposed to be coming during the evening along with the other Death Eaters.

Presents were probably non-existent. I was used to a Hogwarts Christmas, surrounded by my friends. 

I brushed my teeth and wore my plaid pyjama pants with a sweater, and went downstairs. I found Draco already claiming his breakfast from one of the house elves. None of our parents were around yet.

I walked towards him, "Happy Christmas," I said cheerfully.

"Happy Christmas Trails," said Draco, acknowledging my presence. His voice still had a tint of snakiness in it, but it was probably out of habit. 

"Yeesh, for this one day you don't have to call me Trails, Malfoy. I'm not going to try to fight you."

He scoffed, "I'll have to pass on that."

I noticed that he held this small, yet nicely wrapped package. "Who's that from?" I asked, smirking at Malfoy.

"None of your business, Trails," he said in an annoyed tone. Then, he glared at me.

"Come on Malfoy, it's Christmas! Who's it from?"

"Your nosiness makes you even more a pain in the ass. It's none of your business, but it's from Parkinson," he said cooly. 

"Awwhh! Isn't that cute, she cares for her Drakie-poo!" I teased, mimicking her voice.

"If you ever call me that again, I'll text you," he said in a frustrated tone. "At least I have an admirer."

"I'd rather have no admire at all if it's Parkinson," I retorted. I crossed my arms in an annoyance. "Well go on then, open it up!"

"I think I already know what it is, and I don't want it. Incendio!" A small flame ignited the gift wrapped in parchment. He used his wand to clean the ashes and then began his breakfast at the table.