Subject X

I watched her wake up from the other side of the glass, the animus she was on powering down as her eyes fluttered open slowly. She looked haggard, dark bags beneath her eyes, her cheeks gaunt and sunken.

She looked over at me, raising her hand to let me know it was okay to come in. She hadn't eaten much in the past week or so, nor slept for more than an hour.

"You need to rest and eat. The Director said you could have today off." I sat in the chair beside her, setting food down on her table.

"I need to finish out this memory...." she rubbed her eyes, looking over at me once more, a small frown gracing her face. Her eyes flicked down to the food before her, grimacing. "It's morning? When I went in, it was morning."

"It's been three days, X. Three days!"

Her eyes widened. "Three days?" She looked down at the food and mumbled to herself, "Dammit, Nale....you've fucked up."

I sighed and ran a hand through my hair, looking at her as she slowly began to eat. "Holly, you need to stop going for so long."

She eyes snapped to me. "Shut it, McDean."

She returned to eating, so I stood and left, slamming her door shut behind me. It had been two months since we picked her up in Rome. The group we had been chasing had dumped her. Yes, she was an assassin, but we needed her memories of her ancestors.

I was shocked to learn she had the same name as hers. Now I wasn't alone. I looked back at her door before getting up and moving down the hall towards the elevator. My feet carried me swiftly, then continued to make me pace as the elevator carried me up.

We had stopped our search for Desmond temporarily, hoping Holly's memories could help us locate more pieces of Eden and the Observatory. We needed to take control and bring peace to the world. But to do that would take a very long time and lots of hard searching. I sighed and shook my head, walking out of the elevator and to my own animus, sitting down in the chair as I held the visor in my hands. I felt hesitant, but quickly slipped it on, giving my mind over to my ancestors.