Impossible Dream (One-Shot)

It was the first day of classes when I first saw him. A handsome, naruto-haired, cool guy who always wear his nerd glasses for props. He belong to the first section while I was on the 3rd one. I sat on the bench of the school while waiting for the bell to ring. I just watch the students pass by. I’m a newbie so I don’t know somebody except him-the man of my dreams, I think. I know him by face, not by name. He’s an I-don’t-care-about-you kind of guy. Well, he’s totally a snob. He was sitting on the opposite bench watching the pictures he had taken on his  Samsung professional camera. Oh! He’s really cute. I wished I’m a princess so he could be my prince. We’ll live together in a castle that we own. A place where we can be and do what we want to. A faraway place where my dreams will come true.To live peacefully with my dream prince. It was beautiful. Suddenly, the bell rang. Ugh! I’m daydreaming again.

Well, the classes are about to start and I need to hurry. My room is the farthest classroom in this school.  I kept on running and because of that, I slipped and fell to the ground with my papers flying on the air. My file case was broken and my papers were scattered. The students around laughed at me. ugh! It was embarrassing. Suddenly, a familiar guy in nerd glasses stood in front of me and picked my things. I looked at him and oh! It was him! My prince! My lips were tied and I wasn’t able to say anything. He gave me my broken file case with my things inside it and helped me up. Then, he left. My eyes were glued to him. I even forgot to say ‘thank you’. It was really shameful. Tsk! Hush! I promise to be careful next time.

I was already 5 minutes late and my professor asked me to submit an excuse letter. I’m really pissed off. Can you imagine? I’m just 5 MINUTES late! And he wants me to submit an excuse letter? What will I write? Tsk! He was very strict. And for his information, I’m a newbie here!

Well, I was still able to give him a letter of excuse. I didn’t enjoy the lessons much. It was really boring. History and Math bothers me. I keep on looking at the room clock waiting for the bell to ring. Then, after hours of waiting, it did ring. It was time for lunch! I went out of the classroom and headed to the school canteen. The students rushed to the canteen and the tables were full. After buying my food, I searched for some vacant tables but it was really full. Ugh! I’m already hungry. I looked at the last corner of the canteen and saw him. He was wearing earphones connected on his IPod and he was eating alone. There was no one sitting beside him. Yeah! This is my chance to approach him and say ‘thank you’. My heart pounded and I felt cold. I tried my first step and after a few seconds, without hesitation, I headed to the table where he was eating. It was just a few steps away when I saw some girls went toward him and sat beside him. That made me stop. I just looked at them sadly. My pounding heart melted. I sighed and said to myself, “there’s always a next time”.

I went home sadly thinking that I lost the chance of approaching him. But the moment he helped me with my things painted the smile on my face. I realized that at least, there’s an unexpected thing that happened to me this day. A happening that will never be forgotten.

the next day, I saw him again walking around the school grounds trying to take some pictures. He’s busy clicking his camera and looking for a nice view. I sat on the ground watched him secretly. His brown eyes and well-sculpted nose really attracts me. he’s serious and focus. I love watching him. after minutes of watching him, I think he noticed and looked back at me. he smiled at me. oh! He noticed me! Ugh! I think he caught me looking at him smilingly. Tsk! What will I do?! Why am I like this? I’m panicking! I took my eyes away from his and pretended that I didn’t saw him. I think it’s embarrassing!

Suddenly, I heard some steps going towards me. I thought it was just some students walking around and just didn’t mind it. but, I was shocked when I saw him right in front of me. he sat down and asked if he could take me a picture. I just nodded and smiled. He held his camera and counted from one to three.

“That’s a very pretty smile! I bet it’s a nice shot! By the way, I’m Enrico Guzman,” he said.

My heart is hammered inside and I felt very nervous. I’m feeling cold. My lips are tied and I can’t even say a word. No! I thought to myself that this is my very good chance!

After a few seconds of looking at him, I said, “Thank you… for… helping me picked my things ..ah.. yesterday.. I…um…I’m Kim Fortalejo!”

“oh! Is that you? Well, it’s okay.” he said smilingly. Tsk! Why is he smiling? Why is he looking at me like this? I can’t look at his eyes. I’m shy. I just can’t look at him.

Suddenly, the bell rang…AGAIN. Ugh! Bad timing!

He stood and said goodbye to me. he waved his hand and smiled and then walked away. YES!!!!! I love it! that was an awkward moment but it’s really happy. I felt somebody tickled my bones. Well, that’s my second unforgettable moment with him, our first conversation!

          Days passed and we’re always together. He would always join me during my free time at school. We  would eat at the canteen, sing, dance whenever we want to, walk around the school, read some books, listen to his favourite rock music, do anything we want TOGETHER. Yes, TOGETHER. I’m still wondering why he comes closer to me everyday. I can’t deny that the happiness in me is really overflowing. I can’t believe I’m seeing my Prince always. Maybe my dreams will soon come to reality.

          All were perfect. I’m happy. He’s happy. We’re both enjoying each other’s company. We became closer and closer to each other. My feelings for him grew stronger. the brown eyes, well-sculpted nose, the red-kissable lips and his angelic face was painted on my mind. We have no formal declaration of our relationship. Couples? Best friends? Or should I expect more than that? The answer is NO. Sometimes, I wanted to ask him, but I don’t have the courage to do so. Maybe he just enjoy my company. Yeah, we’re just FRIENDS. I don’t have the right to expect. I’m beginning to think that my prince is just a dream. Yes, he’s happy with me. however, I can’t stop myself to ask questions on my mind. Does he love me, too? Ugh! How would I know if I wouldn’t ask him? I think all the nerves inside my body are stopping me to do that. L

One day, he asked me to go with him. “Meet me at the park 5 pm after school,” he said with a smile on his face. I had the same feeling again-my heart pounded and my hands were getting cold. After putting my bag down, and taking off my shoes, I prepared myself. I reached the place at time. I saw him there sitting on a bench, waiting for me. I’m heading to his direction when I saw a tall girl with chinky eyes, long hair, and fair skin. She’s bubbly and charming. She went to Enrico’s direction and kissed him on the cheeks. Ugh! My heart was broken to pieces. My tears began to fall from my eyes. I wanted to go away from here. Away from them. I was about to go when I heard a familiar voice. “Kim! Come here!” he’s calling me. I looked at him and painted a bitter smile on my face. I went near them. “Now that you’re my friend, I just want you to meet the love of my life, Alyssa, my girlfriend.” He said smilingly.

I was lip-tied. I don’t know what to say. I’m  trying to stop my tears. I tried to move in a normal way. After saying a warm “Nice to meet you!” in a masculine voice, I walked away. I left them. i felt him staring at me. I just let my tears fall. It made me ease the pain. My heart is broken. My dream prince is all part of a silly imagination. It was really impossible. Very impossible. Who do you think is the man who will fall to another man? Yes. They call the people like me a Gay. That’s the hardest truth. The most painful truth.

Yes. I always dream to be a princess. I dreamed of my own castle with my Prince in a faraway place. But this man who I thought will be my prince made me realize that it was all a dream. an Impossible Dream.