1

Rickie's POV

Okay I have everything I need for practice. Okay keys. Where are my car keys? Where is my Jeep? Ugh, Jackson must have token my Jeep again. Who can drive me? Think, think, think, oh Alex can, he never drives. He doesn't get off of that x-box at all. I'll just borrow the keys for 4 hours.

"Hey, I'm leaving for practice! I'll be back at 8:00!" I yell through the house cause nobody can hear you talk normally.

"Okay sweetie but, make sure to pick up your new cleats on you way home tonight. Love you Rickie, bye!" My mom yelled from somewhere in this maze of a 3 story house.

I grabbed Alex's keys and started to head to practice. Once I got there I grabbed my gear and started to walk towards the field. The bad part about this is we have to walk through the football field to get to ours. So I have to go alone cause I was my own ride. Help me lord, don't let one of them see me. Please don't. I prayed hard for no one to see me but, guess what, nope I get ambushed by the Captain of the team. Nash freaking Grier. You have to be kidding me.

"Excuse me. I have a Softball practice I need to be at, Grier." I said sassy cause I don't have any time. And tried to shove past him but he didn't budge.

"Sorry, am I in your way short stack." He said then laughed with his idiotic friends.

"Yes, and I'm 5'7 I'm pretty tall. It's just your a guy with freak genes that made you tall and by the way your girlfriend is over there behind the bleachers, sucking faces off with your brother. No joke." I said in a semi quick tone cause I'm going to be late.

"Wait, what did you say my brother and my girlfriend were doing?" He asked and his voice cracked. I feel horrible now for doing this.

"It happens every time I come into the gate to get to my field. And I have seen them in the hallway by the trophies before too. Sorry you found out this way." I said so ashamed so I keep my head down the whole time telling him. Squeezing my glove in my hand trying to not look at his face.

"You can go. I need to think. Sorry for holding you up Rickie." He said looking down at me. And that was the first time he said my first name. Wow.

"It's okay. It's like a schedule now. I'm used to it. And sorry you had to find out this way. I better be heading to practice. Sorry again." I said in a very sympathetic tone I felt awful. It broke him to find out by ME. His arch rival. What was I thinking.

"It's alright, now I know. Hey can we talk later?" He asked in a little happier tone.

"Sure, if you want. But I won't be able to talk till after 8:00. That's when my practice ends."

"Yeah, I'll just wait at the field for you." He said looking at me in my light grey eyes.

"Yeah. I'll see you then. Well I better get going. Bye." I said starting to jog to the field.

"Okay. Bye Rickie!" He yelled as I jogged away.

What is wrong with me. Why did I say that to him. I feel horrible. Ugh. Why me.

"Hey Rickie! Are you ready to pitch!" Alexis yelled from the dough out.

"I need to stretch. Hold on for 10 minutes!" I yelled back.

"Okay but, hurry up!" She yelled back.

"Okay." I said under my breath.

I started my stretching with my legs, arms, back, and hands. Then I started to throw a few pitches. Then the boys baseball team came out. Ugh, I hate these boys more then I hate the football guys.

"Hey Rickie. I see you finally took my advice." Jake said.

"And what would that be. Oh wait, I know. Nothing." I said and all the girls started laughing. And I did too.

"Rickie, I'm not here to start knit picking again. I need to talk to you." Jake said with a serious tone.

"And why would I do that." I asked getting set for another pitch.

"Because I need to talk to you about something. Okay, let's go." He said motioning me to go to the side of the field.

"Okay. Let me do one more pitch." I say before going into set position. Then throwing the perfect strike.

"YASSSS! Did you see that Alexis! Okay, now we can go." I yelled and walked to the other empty dough out to talk with Jake.

"Speak." I say sassy because I'm missing practice.

"Okay. Long story short Rickie. I like you and I always have. I'm sorry if I picked on you on a daily basis but it's the way I show feelings and I like you a lot. And I have one question." He said and I nodded to continue.

"Rickie Skylar Light will you do the honors of being my lovely girlfriend?" He asked and I stood in shock.

"No. I don't like you. The way you picked on me for years is not right then you go and tell me you like me. This has to be a joke or something. But no and I'm leaving. Goodbye Jake." I say running back to the field before he could say anything back.

"Okay! Let's get this scrimmage started girls!!" Coach yelled from the side of the field.

1 Hour Later

"Hey guys! I'm going to practice pitching over in the cage. Alexis come on your coming with me!" I yelled and Alexis came running and we grabbed a bucket full of balls and headed to the cages.

"Hey is that Nash." She asked pointing towards the stands while she is squatting, waiting for me to pitch.

"Wait.What?" I said turning towards the stands. And there he sat looking around for me and then he saw me and I turned to Alexis.

"I don't know and I don't care at all let's just practice ,okay?" Alexis asked hitting her catching mit.

"Okay, let's start with a fast ball." I say getting into position as she pulls down her mask.

I pull back and launch a perfect fast ball right into her mit. She pulls out her hand from her mit and shakes it.

"Holy cow Rickie. You need to ease up a bit. But save that for the 2nd scrimmage later. Okay?" She said still shaking her hand in the air.

"Sorry, not sorry." I say laughing at her hand shaking.

"Alright let's get this scrimmage going girls!!" Coach yells from the field.

"That's our call." I say as I pick up my gloves and mask. Then we walk to coach to discuss who is on what team.
_______________________