Chapter 2

Lilith awoke the following morning after falling off her bed with a loud THUD. She picked herself off the ground and checked herself out from the mirror. She looked amazing, her blonde hair was in loose curls, her green eyes were slightly puffy giving them a smoldering effect, her eyelashes were naturally curled, her cheeks were slightly flushed causing a natural glow, her lips were pillowy and pink and her skin was smooth and clear. She looked great, naturally. She wasn't being narcissistic, it was just something that she knew to be true and nobody could deny it. She was gorgeous. Plain and simple. Just like every other woman in her family. She even had a twin brother that was as ridiculously attractive but attended Durmstrang. All of her friends tended to develop crushes on him, which she never minded seeing as how all of his friends did the same.

She decided to just wing on some eyeliner and throw her hair in a half-up/half-down ponytail, throw on her uniform and be done with her routine. She strutted out of the dorm and grinned after hearing the wolf whistles of her classmates. She expected no less and felt confident that she looked up to her usual standard.

She entered the Great Hall for breakfast and sat down between Remus and Lily. She whistled as she scooped some mash onto her plate.

"Well good morning sunshine!" Remus chuckled she simply flashed him a grin and proceeded to eat. She met the gaze of James who had a cocky smirk on his face.

"What do you want, Potter?" She said in a flat tone. She was used to his constant smirking and knew it was never a good sign.

"Only you, Griffes!" She groaned and rolled her eyes. "I must say you look positively radiating today! Dare I say, you look 'Angelique'?" He grinned seeming extremely pleased with himself. She leaned into his face so that their lips were so close together she could smell his minty aftershave. His smile widened in excitement and her peers watched them expectantly. She looked him in the eyes and he leaned in even closer, puckering his lips.

"No you may not." She smirked as she pulled away just before their lips could meet.

He pouted disappointedly and gave her puppy dog eyes. He had actually believed that she was going to kiss hm. It felt as though someone just punched him in the gut. That hurt. His heart had been leaping at the smell of her cherry blossom moisturizer up until she pulled away. He felt like an idiot for thinking that she could actually reciprocate his feelings. Sirius was sniggering beside James. Lily smiled along and Lilith had an unreadable expression on her face, much like James'. She looked down at her plate, her mind racing.

However, she was brought back to reality with a tap on her shoulder.

"Severus!" She cried in delight as she got up to hug the pale boy.

"Hello, Lilith. Hello, Lily." He said politely returning the hug.

"Snivellus." Sneered the Marauders. Snape ignored them and continued to face his friends.

"Where have you been? Oh, you must tell Lily and I everything that happened over the summer!" She released him and he gazed longingly at her. Lilith hadn't noticed but he was absolutely smitten over her. James bit the inside of his cheek in jealousy but kept his mouth shut. He and the others knew better than to speak ill of her friends while she was around.

"Oh but of course, well excuse me but I must go now... We shall speak later, alright?" The Slytherin smiled and walked away waving and shooting occasional glares at the Marauders. Lilith waved in return and Lily called out goodbye.

The two sat back down and no one spoke for a while. Until, eventually Sirius broke the silence by making a crude joke earning a high five from the boys and polite smiles from the girls. They were all taking turns at jokes except for James and Lilith who were staring into each other's eyes. She wondered why she had a hollow feeling in her chest while gazing into his hazel irises through his crooked glasses. He had felt the same way but knew the source of the feeling.