Chapter 7

In a way I was excited I wasn't alone, but then I thought since she hadn't escaped I won't either. I quickly began to question her.

"How long have you been here?" I asked urgently.

"I think a year maybe?" She answered, but not positively.

"What is your name?" I asked.

"Casey Bell." She sounded nervous. " And yours?"

"Courtney Rose." I answered, but I wanted to know why is sounded nervous, " Why do you sound so scared?"

"Well since you're here, what if he's tired of me and he kills me off?" She stared to cry.

"I won't let him hurt you, but you have to tell me why he has us here. What does he want?" I assured her everything was going to be OK.

She explained how his name was Drew. He used to have a daughter, but she died in a car accident along with her mother. Since he was all alone he kidnaps girls who look like his daughter. Long brown hair, blue eyes, and pale skin. He lets them shower and get pretty clothes, but only if you are good. He gives a big dinner every night and he says a prayer. Casey said as long as I don't try to run away, he won't hurt me.

That night we had dinner and said a prayer. I didn't eat much because I was uncomfortable. After dinner we went to change into pajamas. We brushed our teeth then went to bed. It was kind of like I had a sister. I've always wanted a sister, but not in this situation. I wasn't completely afraid of Drew, but I wasn't comfortable around him. I think the only reason I'm not scared is because I know he won't randomly hurt me unless I try to run away.