A Question

It took a bit but kenma had finally made it to the beach. He got out of the car and walked over to the opening. Something on the left caught his eye and he turned to face it. His jaw dropped at the setup. Lying there was the blanket they had on their first kiss, rose petals circling it, candles in the sand, and none other than Kuroo Tetsurou on top of it all. It was slightly dim now so the candles were shining beautifully, but light enough for the petals to be seen clearly. Kenma was absolutely speechless.

"Aren't you gonna come over here and thank the lovable Kuroo?" He teased. Kenma walked over to him and sat next to him on the blanket. A thought then struck his mind.

"Hey Kuroo, how did you know when i was going to arrive? These candles havent been burning for long." Kuroo giggled his response, "I had Lev wait in his red car in front of my house to tell me when you got there. I obviously told him to get there around four since you sleep till late and take forever to do anything." Kenma gave him a glare but Kuroo just laughed it off.

"So do you like it?" Kuroo asked, proud of his accomplishments.

"Well I did want to finish my new game today but I guess this will have to do." Kenma said half serious, half joking.

"Well Kenma, I have something for you that I hope makes up for your valuable lost gaming time", Kuroo stood up and faced Kenma, who was sitting on his knees.

Kenma watched as his boyfriend reached into his back pocket, and slowly lowered himself down onto one knee. Kenma realised immediately what was happening, and an overwhelming sense of love and happiness washed through his body. He couldn't stop the happiness from formimg into tears.

"Kenma, you've been with me since day one. You stuck by my side when I first got into volleyball, even though you weren't into it the way I was. There were times where I felt like the world was against me, but I'd look to my side to see you, ready and eager to battle my problems with me. I love the way you scrunch your nose when you get frustrated at a game, I love the way you tug at my shirt when you want something. Hell, even when we argue I can't bring myself to be mad, because when I look into your eyes, I can see that you still love me, and I can't help but smile", Kenma suddenly burst into a heavy sob.

"Uh hey- uh- wait no- you- calm down, hey", Kuroo didn't expect Kenma to cry this much. Kenma wiped his face on his sleeve, "I'm sorry I dont like crying, but you make me feel safe, Kuroo, you're home to me, and I couldn't be happier right now". Kenma took in a shakey breath to calm himself down a little.

Kuroo felt his own eyes begin to water and his composure began to slowly fall apart, "A-anyway, um, I- shit bro you're gonna make me cry too. Um- Yeah and I just hope you know that I'll be there to make you feel safe everyday, and I'll love you for like- infinity. I'll be your home, for the rest of my life Kenma, and I hope you feel the same". He opened the box to reveal a beautiful silver ring, on the top it had a white diamond, in the shape of a cat's head. Kenma giggled at the ring. Only Kuroo could find a diamond ring in the shape of a cat, and only Kenma could love him for it.

Kenma nodded, "Yes Kuroo, there will never be anyone else who makes me feel the way you do". Kuroo took the ring out of the box and slid it onto Kenmas ring finger. He finally felt a tear roll down his own face, and Kenma stood up to wipe it away for him. The two looked at one another, and their hearts beat in sync, matched to the beat of their happiness, and love. Forever and always.

A/N:
Holy crap this originally had a smutty ending but the amount of people who commented saying that they thought it was gonna be a proposal was INSANE. So of course, I had to change it for you guys, because I love you all.

Hope you enjoyed :)