untitled

GOODNIGHT BABY

“Good night baby” mama’s sweet voice whispered in my ear.

“Night mama, I love you.” I sleepily answered. She sat on my bed, looking over me. Her long black hair falling into waves over her shoulders. She looked at me with her big dutiful black eyes that were like the night that were so bright like the stars in the sky. She just always made me feel like running and jumping, exploring the world; even when I was about to drop of exestuation mama made me wanna keep going. Nothing like papa, the man made me feel safe, as soon as he walked into the room, he sent a strong, calm essence like the word slowed down and you could relax. His eyes no one cloud forget them blue, green, grey. They didn’t slightly change when he wore a cretin shirt, no they really changed. “Night papa” I said looking over to him standing agents the doorway, the light shined over his messy blond hair. He looked at mama like god had come to earth and leafed an angle, he wasn’t wrong. They were so different from each other but when mama got up and kissed him you saw that they belong together. And no one could tear them apart.

“Good night Bells, don’t let Luna’s snoring keep you up.” He teased my twin sister. As he kissed my forehead goodnight.

“I don’t snore!” Luna mumbled back.  Papa laughed and walked to Luna’s bed and kissed her good night.    

“Sorry butter cup. I gees you’re a light sleeper.” He whispered.

“Ha, ha, daddy you’re funny.” Luna answered back. We all laughed and we went to bed.  My parents turned off the lights and closed the door.

 And then they died.

  I never looked up. I didn’t want to see the face of people I didn’t know crying and telling me how great they were. No one had the right to tell me that. They didn’t know me or my parents. I just held Alec’s hand, and let him lead me threw the crowed of people. When we stop in front of the two holes in the ground I didn’t say a word. Then they lowered the caskets down into them.

“STOP IT!  MAMA! DADDY! PLEASE DON’T!” Luna’s shouts echoed around me. I didn’t have to look up to know she was crying and Hunter was holding her back. I wanted to shout just like her. But I didn’t, I couldn’t. I just stood there. Silent.

That was ten years ago.

Rain. It’s raining out.   The air is broken so all the windows are opened; when I close my eyes the cool touch of the soft wind sweeps my chin. I can feel Alec staring a hole in the back of my head. He knows me better than anyone almost as much as Luna. And because he knows me he knows want I’m planning without even reading my mind.

            “Okay class I gees you all can leave early, hope you have a good weekend.” Miss. Davis sighed as she released the class into the soft stream of water waiting outside. Everyone gets up slowly but I, I jump at the chance I leave my things behind and literally run out to closes door.

I lean my head back and let the rain fall over me. It prickles over my skin and washes away all the bad. Meditation that’s what Luna calls it. From the distance I can hear the door open and close again. I feel them looking at me; its funny how they know so well, but their all ways surprise.

“Luna why does she all ways do that, run into the rain.” Ravens chime voice asked.

“Because she’s likes that, and she can.” Alec answers without even letting Luna open her mouth. Raven didn’t say anything, she leaf silently when a car pulled up.

“You act like a kid princes”. A low voice whispered and I hear the sound if car leaving. When I turn around to see who it was, all I saw was Luna and Alec, staring at each other. MAD.