Under My Umbrella

Notes- Alternate Universe with cheesy, sweet YuZhou.

Tags- #YuZhou #fluff #AU

A/N:

The Italicized lines are inner thoughts and words are to show emphasis.

Songspiration- Umbrella by Rihanna

If you're reading this, then, thank you for giving it a go. Comments are like energy booster for a writer. So, let me know if you want this to continue. 😊❤

Enjoy the read!

---------------------------------------------------

Under My Umbrella

It all started with an umbrella.

When WeiZhou’s mother coaxed him to take the umbrella this morning despite the glaring sun outside, she had to suffer all those typical teenage snapping and eye rolls. But now, standing in the middle of the downpour and being able to save his head from getting water therapy, WeiZhou had to bow down to his mother’s future predicting skills. Maybe she can guess the maths question paper for the exam next week, contemplated the boy as he watched the free fall of greyish water around him.

He never liked the rain. It always made him gloomy, sluggish; always reminded him of all the people he had lost while growing up, including dad. All those imagined moments that he would never have in his-

“Hey, can I share your umbrella?”

WeiZhou was jolted so violently that his grip loosened and as a result the other boy caught it and stood beside him under the shade.

“No need to hand it over to me, but thanks,” came a wet sounding cheeky reply.

WeiZhou, still shell shocked and in a daze, kept staring as the other boy gave him a huge grin.

He immediately snapped his head forward. His mind was a mess at the moment.

He knew this guy. He. Knew. This. Guy. This was the guy. The Guy. That guy. That senior. That basketball captain from his neibouring school.  Who often came to his school to have a match. Whom ZZ had walked past in the road, on the pavement numerous times before.

The guy whom WeiZhou admired from afar. Just admired, of course. Nothing else. Just the kind of drooling fascination a junior usually had on their seniors. Just that. Nothing else. Nope.

“Hey? You all right? I’m sorry, I just- I saw you standing alone and though maybe you wouldn’t mind. Um, I’ll- I’ll go if you want me to.”

To his horror, WeiZhou realized that instead of showing any kind of reaction, he was just standing there like a buffoon he was. And now, this guy thought WeiZhou want him gone. Well done, ZhouZhou!

He shook his head vigorously and added feebly, “No, it- it’s okay. I don’t mind. It’s- I- that is-“ he clampped his mouth shut before it could spew anymore gibberish, and wanted to weep.

But instead of cringing away for his fumbling, the guy gave him another cheerful thanks and they stood there in complete silence. Awkward.

WeiZhou stole a glance from his peripheral view every now and then.
The other boy was standing close.

Standing really, really close.

Soaking WeiZhou’s shirt with his own wet one close.

Burning WeiZhou’s skin with his body heat close.