Chapter 12 - The One With One Last Happy Day

Rachel stayed for a couple more days in the hospital but when she felt better, she literally begged for Ross to get her out of there. He didn’t want to because he thought that it would be bad for her but Rachel felt like the hospital was sucking the life out of her. She knew she would be a lot better out of it especially with her friends and family by her side.

                True enough, when she got home, she felt a lot better than she ever did since finding out about this. It was like nothing had happened. She had everyone around her and it was all she ever needed. Nothing else mattered but them.

ROSS AND RACHEL’s

                Rachel woke up with the noise coming from below her house. She looked at the clock and it wasn’t even eight in the morning. “This is surreal.” She got out of bed and decided to check what was going on.

                It was almost three weeks since she got out of the hospital and she was sure that she was getting so much better. She didn’t believe in miracles but maybe it was the last hope she could hold on to. Maybe she was wrong about already having lost this battle.

                What she saw was probably the best things she’s ever seen in a long time. The house was filled with people. Right in the living room, her three kids, Jack and Erika, and Michael and Khalil were talking as if there was no tomorrow. When they saw her, they all stopped, said their “Hi’s!” and hugged and kissed her.

                “Oh my god, Rachel, you look so much worse than the last time I saw you!”

                Rachel couldn’t believe it but the voice was unmistakable. “Amy!!” It was the last thing on her mind and not once had she ever thought she’d see her sister again. She hugged her so tight and it felt great. And then she saw another one.

                “You really think I’d let her have all the fun here?” Jill approached both of them and joined the hug. It was the first time the three of them got together in a really, really long time.

                “I cannot believe you’re here!”

                “We’re so sorry it took us a long time to get here. It’s just, you know, lots of things to do... the kids, the husband, the other guy--”

                “Amy, shut up, okay?” Jill then faced Rachel. “Mom and Dad said they’d be here anytime soon.”

                “They’re coming?? Oh my gosh, this is the best day ever!”

                “I know. So, your friends are all in the kitchen doing whatever they’re doing. They miss you, I think. Like you don’t see each other everyday.”

                “Jill, why can’t you stop being such a bitch once in a while?”

                Rachel left her sisters the way they were, bickering like kids. As they’ve told her, she went to the kitchen and found out they were right. Everyone was there. Monica seemed to be cooking, while Joey was doing the eating. Chandler looked like he was doing some silly stuff that was amusing Phoebe. Ross and Mike, on the other hand, were beside them, talking intently until they saw her.

                “Hi, sweetie.” Ross came up to her and gave her a big hug.

                “Hi, honey. What’s going on?”

                “I’m teaching Phoebe some tricks,” answered Chandler.

                “Not to you, you doofus!” said Monica in a jokingly way. “We just thought we’d throw a little get-together, you know.”