Unveiling the Truth

A/N: HE KNOWS?! WAT DUS HE MEAN HE KNOWS!?! OMG U GUYS WATS HE MEAN?? XD This will be a short chapter. Sorry guys I've been so busy it's crazy, but I'm trying.

Emily's Pov

He knows.....oh god he knows! No! He couldn't mean.... I almost missed his comment as I walked out the door. He can't know. How could he know? I don't even know.

I stop from pulling my hair out and finish my day in a confusing flurry. At last, the day is over and I find my way to the library like most days. I see Corren sitting in a comfy chair and I pull him up and grab the book I need. "Come on, Corren. I have something to show you." I don't know when I started to trust him, but it went both ways because he didn't refuse. He just gave me a strange look and complied. I checked out the book and dragged Corren Holleagh, my newly friend (and only friend), to my car.

I drove to my mountain and shifted in my seat, unsure if what I was about to do was going to get me killed, or worse, if it would ruin this blossoming friendship. We were silent the whole way there, and my heart thumped rapidly inside my chest. The pounding only got louder and quicker as the distance between us and the mountain closed. Finally, the quiet boy chirped up. "Where are we going?" He asked softly. I sighed. "The mountain, but I can't really tell you why, I just have to show you." I said no more, and we continued on in our uncomfortable silence.

After what seemed like a lifetime, we arrived at the mountain's base. We climbed quickly and with little effort because of our fit stature. Arriving upon the cliff I always sit on, and recently jump off of, we took a breath and surveyed the scenery. It instantly calmed me, and I could feel Corren's nerves disappearing as well. I turned to him and quietly began to approach the elephant on the cliff; what are we doing here? "So..." I began. "I brought you up here because... Do you trust me?" He nodded vigorously. "Will you promise to not judge me and to keep this to yourself always? To never tell anyone?" I felt like a child sharing a somewhat important secret. I guess this was the equivalent, except not. I unveiled my wings and watched his chin drop. I chuckled. He pointed. "Yup." I answered his unasked question. "Wanna fly??" I asked. I saw his eyes light up and a huge smile spread across his face. "You bet!" He clapped his hands. He was such a dork, but he was a good one because I knew he would keep this secret and protect me when I need it. "Let's go!" I was so excited to share the experience that I had kept to myself. I hugged Corren close to the edge, then pushed a little, sending us over. He howled and screamed and yipped with joy. The wind bashed against us and he was heavy and it was awkward, but it was amazing and totally worth it.