Welcome

Nick walked to the front door, trying to block out Kevin whisper-yelling at Joe for being so stupid and agreeing to do this, warning him of what this could potentially do to Demi, especially after she'd just come out of treatment a couple of months ago. (I know Joe dumped her before, but this story won't work if she goes to treatment after!) Nick's eyes widened a little bit when he saw Demi stood on the porch steps, a small smile on her face as she looked back at him from looking back at the road behind her where he car was parked. Nick's smile widened just at the sight of her. He could have sworn she got more stunning each time he saw her. 

"I know I didn't call or anything, but... I brought Taco Bell." Demi said with a shy smile, holding up the bag to prove that she was telling the truth. Nick chuckled and hugged her tightly and she hugged him back straight away. Demi had always had these... feelings for Nick, but she wasn't sure what they exactly were. She wasn't sure she was ready for another relationship after what Wilmer did to her. They pulled away from the hug after a minute or two, smiling at each other. 

"Come on." Nick said and she nodded, stepping past him as he opened the door wider for her then shut it when she was inside. "DEMI'S HERE!" Nick called, even though he would have happily just stolen her away for the whole day like they did when they were on the set of Camp Rock, sneaking off during breaks to go exploring, climbing trees and just being kids. Even though they were teenagers when they met. Joe came out of the living room with Kevin and Paul, but it was Denise who got to her first, embracing her tightly. Denise's guilt on what she knew was going to happen made her grip on Demi tighten. Demi was just confused as to why everybody seemed either nervous or just strange around her. Even Nick. He normally would have asked her how she was feeling by now or kissed her cheek or something. He just seemed to be mad and hurt. 

"It's good to see you, dear." Denise said softly, smiling when Demi handed her the bag from Taco Bell. "How are you?" She asked, running her fingers through Demi's newly blonde hair. 

"Okay... I weighed myself this morning and I put on like, half a pound in the last week." Demi said, kind of disappointed. In one way, she hated that she was putting on weight. It was hard for her to keep the thought that she was doing this for her own good because she knew she wouldn't last that much longer if she kept doing what she was doing before treatment. On the other hand, she wanted to put on more weight than just half a pound. Get the torture over with already so her body would just change and she wouldn't have to see it happen. 

"Honey, one step at a time. You're still the beautiful little girl I remember running around Canada like a lunatic with Nicholas." Denise said with a smile. Both Nick and Demi laughed at the memory of the two of them just running everywhere, jumping into the lake fully clothed just for the rush of doing it and for the experience, racing each other everywhere because it was more fun than walking. 

"Hey, D... can we talk?" Joe asked, his voice a little shaky with nerves. He loved Demi- of course he did- but as a sister. He knew Nick would probably hate him for doing this to the girl he loved, but he was doing it for the bands own good. He didn't want to go against the label and risk losing his job. Demi raised an eyebrow but nodded her head, turning to Nick. 

"You wanna come back to mine afterwards? Maddie's bugging me about watching some movie and wants you to be there." She said with a hopeful smile and Nick gave her a small one in return, his heart shattering in his chest because he knew that Demi wouldn't want to even be around him if she said yes to Joe. 

"Love to." He said, trying his best to sound excited and Demi's smile widened impossibly more. 

"Great!" Demi followed Joe into the office which was next to the living room, which was never used unless it was business related. Usually only Paul went in there, but Demi didn't know that what Joe was about to ask her was completely business related.