"I mean, he got the stuff, dude. Everyone's going to be high by morning."

I roll my eyes at his stupidity. I've never done that stuff and I sure as hell don't plan on it. Ethan glares at Carter. "Oh, I don't think so. You are not going to be doing any of that shit. Do you know what that stuff does to you? It could seriously hurt you."

"Blah, blah, mom. Calm down. I was only kidding. You know I'm not that stupid."

We stare at him with blank expressions because he knows we think he is that stupid. "You know what? I am going to do that now. Only because you think so lowly of me. I'm sure Garett has higher hopes for me." He then storms off with Ethan threatening him that if he ever touches a drug he's going to go home with beer bottle up his ass.

I chuckle at the two bickering twins before slinging my backpack and football bag on my shoulder. Walking out of the locker room, people congratulate me and ask if I'm going to the party to night. I make small talk with a few before breaking free to the empty halls.

I find my car in the parking lot, but my eyes drift off to three figures standing by a car. I notice Jessica immediately but it takes me a minute to make out Thomas and Taylor. Jessica seems pretty close to them already as she laughs along with them. She attempts to ruffle Thomas's hair but he grabs her wrist and holds them against his chest. Their both laughing as Taylor stands a few feet away with a huge grin on her face.

I look down and unlock my car. I pop the trunk and throw my stuff inside. "Hey, Jake!"

I turn around to see Thomas looking at me. He walks over to me, the two girls trailing behind him. Me and Thomas aren't on the best terms since he found out about what me and the guys were trying to do with his sister last year but I don't blame him. We were sick for even trying, let alone thinking it.

He holds his hand out. "Nice throw."

I grasp his hand and shake it. "Nice catch."

For a second there's an awkward silence before Jessica clears her throat. "We should probably go if we want to make the party."

" Right, okay." Thomas says smiling at her. "I'll catch you around, Jake."

I give him a nod before turning around and shutting my trunk.

+++

A red cup us thrown at my head when I walk up to the house. I look to see who threw it and laugh when I see David giving me a goofy grin. "Hey, Parkers! Glad you could make it!" He says handing me a beer bottle he had stashed in his jacket. I give him an odd look but he ignores it. "Rebecca is here and wiling so if I were you, I'd get my ass in there."

I chuckle but head inside. As I suspected, the place is packed with sweaty dancing bodies. The music is blaring to the point it's a bit deafening. I set my bottle down on a coffee table and make my way through the crowd. "Jake! Hey, Jake!" My eyes find Garett sitting on a couch with a girl on his lap, her lips glued to his neck.

I smirk down at him. "Why hello there. Looks like you got your hands full." I say. He rolls his eyes but then grins. "So Ethan told me you were hanging out with the new girl after the game." He wiggles his eyebrows suggestively. "How was she? She looks likes a wild one."

I frown. "What are you talking about?"

He gives me the 'Are you serious' look before saying. "I'm talking about sex, dude. How was she? Is she worth any of our time?"

My eyes widen. "You think I slept with her! Dude, all we did was work on math homework! That's it. I didn't do it with her."

He frowns. "Oh." He's silent for a minute before saying, "Why?"