I walk to my backpack in a locker and shuffle through until I find my work. I hand her the packet and her expression turns grave. I bite my lip when she looks up at me. "You didn't do your work!"

So her judgement was correct but that's beside the point. "I don't understand it. Could you at least help me?" I see her groan as she sits down on the ground and pats beside her. I sink down next to her as she explains the easiest ways to understand Pythagorean Theorem. She writes down a few notes for me and I actually find myself understanding it. Maybe it's because I'm actually paying attention, or maybe it's because she's just an awesome teacher.

The door opens a few moments later and my stomach drops when my eyes land on him. "Hey, Jacob. Nice job out there." His eyes drift to Jesse who is currently too engulfed in the work to notice him. "Who is this?" He asks meeting my gaze.

"T-This is Jesse."

She looks up and frowns. "It's Jessica actually." She looks to my father. "I'm Jessica." He smiles at her, his creepy smile making me tense. "It's nice to meet you. How long have you two been dating?" He quizzes. Jessica's face turns bright red with another blush exploding on her face. I could get used to her blush.

"Actually, we're not dating. She's just helping me with my math homework." I say, watching as she stares at the work packet.

"Oh, well my bad. Jacob, when are you coming home?" He asks me.

Never! "There's a party later tonight so I won't be getting home till late. I'll probably be spending the night with someone though." I say, hoping he'll just leave. I don't like him being here with me, especially since Jessica is here. She has no idea what he is capable of.

He frowns. "You promised you'd be staying home all week."

"It's just a party. I should be back before you all wake up." I say pretending to be interested in the little notes Jessica is scribbling down. "I'll catch you later. Tell mom not to wait up." Without a glance, me and Jessica go back to the math. I hear him leave and I mentally sigh in relief. Now just a whole week of these awkward conversations. I don't care if he has actually changed, what he has done is forever implanted in my mind and I'll never be able to see him as my dad again. He's just a man I know.

A few minutes later, the locker room doors burst open and the players flood through, jumping up and cheering. That's right, we won the most important game of the season. I look at Jessica as she blushes again when a few guys wink at her. I frown and stand up. "Thanks for the help. Maybe now I won't fail Mrs. Smith's class."

She smiles and congratulates me before turning away and meeting with Thomas near the locker room doors. I watch as she walks away but am soon tackled to the ground by an ambitious Carter. "Dude, we freakin' won!" He helps me up as we both laugh. "I never doubted us for a second." He just pats me on the back before changing out of his uniform.

Ethan then sees me and narrows his eyes. "So this is where you ran off to?" His eyes drift to Jessica who is leaving the locker room with Thomas. "Was she with you?" I nod. "Did you tap that?" For some reason, I feel a blush coming on. "No! I didn't. She just helped me with my math, that's all." I say too quickly. He crosses his arms. "What happened to you? You should be happy we won."

I sigh. "I am. It's just, I saw him. He was in the crowd and I had to get out of there before he saw me."

Ethan looks down. "Sorry, dude. I didn't know."

Carter then pushes me. "You ready for the party? I hear Matthew got his hands on some serious shit."

"What do you mean" Ethan asks as he narrows his eyes.