Peter Parker ➳ 3 A.M. Messages

Start from the beginning

Natasha just gave you a weird look but shrugged it off.

The mission went smoothly and after reclaiming the USB, you and Natasha plunged into the woods.

While you were running through the woods, your eyes caught a dark figure running by your side other than Natasha.

It was Bucky. But what was odd about him was his hands were making a heart sign. "Wha..?" You breathed out, facing Natasha to see if she was seeing what you had seen.

"Hm?" She briefly looked your way before focusing ahead in order not to run in another agent. "What?"

When you turned your face back to where he was running, he was already gone.

"Nothing.."

After completing the assignment, you were on your way to submit the mission report along the retrieved USB when you spotted Peter in a hall room pacing around.

"He-hey, (Y/N)!" He scratched the back of his head, jogging over to you.

"Can we talk?" He asked, a little more serious.

Your face paled. "I uh.. have stuff to do." You smiled half-heartedly, starting to make your way past him when Natasha snatched the USB and the papers from your grasp.

"Nat! Hey!"

"I'll submit them instead! See ya!" She winked, sprinting off to the second hallway.

You forgot all about Peter, thinking about how she had betrayed you by leaving you just like that. But that thought bubble hadn't stayed long since it was popped by Peter's throat clearing.

"Come with me." He said, lightly grabbing your wrist and dragging you along.

By now, you were sure you would lose your consciousness any second but you pulled yourself together and followed him to wherever he was leading you.

Peter lead you to a quieter room where the outside noises slowly started to die. He ushered you to a seat on a baby blue sofa before taking a seat next to you.

He took a deap breath, but his seriousness faded away the moment he stammered, "Um, (Y/N).. uh," his eyes wandered around to anywhere but your eyes, "did," he coughed and then continued, "did you mean it?" He asked, his eyes now never leaving yours.

After a long pause, you gave him a confused look and asked, "Mean what?"

"(Y/N), you're not making this any easier," he sighed, rubbing his forehead, "do you really have a crush on me?"

And that was the moment where your soul left your body, but you clutched it and forced it back inside.

"Did Natasha tell you?!" You gasped, looking around to see if she was anywhere near.

"What? No!" He shook his head, drawing his phone out of his back pocket. "Look," he showed you your message followed by millions of Tony's, Clint's, Natasha's, Steve's, Thor's, and Bruce's messages, teasing and mocking Peter whose messages disagreed with the others, saying it might be a prank or (Y/N) might be talking about another Peter who happened to be another Spiderman.

But, oh..

You had forgotten.

You had forgotten that Tony had changed the group's subject from The Avengers to Peter Parker the Spiderling 2k17 and had mixed up between it and the private chat room between you and Peter.

And on top of that, you actually accidentally sent the long, feelings-soaked message.

What an embarrassing situation.

Later that day,

"Tony?" You called, entering the sitting room. "Is Bucky a participant in The Avengers chat room?"

"Yes," he looked up at you from his tablet. "He is, but I only noticed that two days ago," he continued, giving Steve, who ducked his head behind the newspaper he was reading, a side look. "Steve, nine months ago, did you add Buck-"

"I DON'T CARE WHAT THE WORLD SAYS," he shouted, clenching his fists and making rapid moves with them. "FIGHT ME, BRO!"

"Im just asking." Tony gritted his teeth, stressing every syllable.

***

Later later that day,

After the long day you had spent with the unexpected events, you had finally made it home.

Sprawled on your bed, you exhaled, enjoying the quietness. But that moment didn't last long when a ding coming from your phone yanked you from your tranquillity.

Reaching your hands to your nightstand, you picked up your phone only to see it flooded with messages.

"Whoa!"