Can You Stand The Rain?

"On a perfect day, I know i can count on you. When that's not possible, tell can you weather the storm?"

Everybody changes, Jade did, and so did I, those sunny days I think of when we'd lay in the bed, and nothing else exitsted and It seems like so long ago when I was in her arms, her voice in my ear telling me things that I would never speak outloud to anyone, brightness in my eyes and the beatuiful landscape of the outside world we had sheltered oursleves from, ironically while I remember those sunny days, I'm standing in storm looking at her from afar, will she notice me?

"Cause I need somebody who will stand by me"

Will we ever connect again like we used to back in those days, even when it rained I knew she was my sunshine, so cliche' I know but the days got more rainy when she left, the screaming, the anger, the sound of the door slamming as my heart broke, raining down on the floor, I couldn't stand it, but neither could she I guess.

"Through the good times and bad times she will always, always be right there"

Nights of no warmth, no one to speak to, my mistakes caused me my happiness, and I should have realized that It wasn't me against her, it was me against myself, no one could love me like she did, and yet no one should hurt her like I did, and as I look across the street through the countless rain drops I see a person I was once In love with, or maybe I still am, It's funny in way, you spend so much time, put in so much effort, and after you break it off, your supposed to just move on, who's bright idea was that?

Sunny days, everybody loves them

My heart stops as I see her eyes wander over to me, she opens her mouth to say something but falls short as she turns away and begins to walk, and for some reason my legs wouldn't obey my mind and I run after her.

Tell me baby can you stand the rain?

The sound of my footsteps hitting the wet ground echoed as I soon caught up to her, she turns around and our eyes meet yet again, brown meets the the long lost blue "Jade" her name leaves my mouth with some ease surprisingly since we haven't seen each in almost 2 years. "Perrie" she answered back, her voice somewhat surprised yet relieved "how are you?..I mean are you doing okay?" I haven't seen you in so long" I asked sounding nervous, I don't know why to be honest, she always had an effect on me no matter what "I'm good Perrie, is there something you wanted?" She asked trying to be harsh but failing "cold shoulder much?" I joked, at least trying to lighten the mood, even though the sky was anything but light.

Storms will come, this we know for sure (this we know for sure)

She rolls her eyes and looks into my eyes, more like my soul..She always knew how to read me and strip my emotions "I've missed you" she said truthfully after a long period of silence "Jade-" she shakes her head and puts her fingers on my lips "I know that things between us didn't end well, but I can not deny that I haven't missed what we had, that's why I walked away because I scared to face you" I was taken back by her words, I hadn't really hit me that she'd ever think about me after our break up "I've had a lot on my mind and you've been one of them" I explained "I gotta a lot of things to get off my chest so I hope you can stand the rain."

Can you stand the rain?

"I'm listening love.." she said giving me her attention, and with that I told her how I felt, and the internal conflicts I had within myself after we broke it off, she listened without interrupting. Her brown orbs sinking into me more and more as I kept speaking, and we stood there for what seems like forever, she stepped close to me and my breath hitched "I'll never leave you again" and her lips pressed to mine, sealing our fate and that is one of the many reasons why I love the rain.

END.