"What are we making?" Niall asked as I started pulling ingredients out of the cabinets.

"Niall, what is the one thing I know how to make?" I turned around and laughed at him.

"That amazing spaghetti!" He nearly shouted in excitement.

"Yes," I laughed as I started boiling water to put the noodles in. "Can you grab the tomatoes from the fridge?" I asked him.

He obeyed and put them on the counter before sitting down on a stool across from where I stood cutting the vegetables for the sauce. I looked up to see him smiling at me.

"What?" I asked as I tossed a couple cut up tomatoes into a bowl.

"You look good in the kitchen, I could get used to this!" He smirked.

"Niall!" I half yelled and half laughed as I threw a tomato at him. "Get your ass over here, now your going to be cooking for me."

I took a step back and waited for him to come over by me. "Mia, I have no idea how to cook. That's why I'm dating you."

"Your such an asshole Horan, I'm never going to cook for you again." I crossed my arms over my chest.

"I'm just kidding babe." He smiled as he wrapped his hands around my waist.

"Mhmm, sure you are." I rolled my eyes but couldn't stop the smile from slipping on my lips.

"I will cook for you, next time, I promise." He pressed his lips to mine as I laughed because I know he won't cook for me, I won't let him. He's a terrible cook.

"Whatever you say." I pulled a away from him and moved around him to keep cutting the vegetables.

I felt his arms wrapped around my waist from behind, my heart starting to race under his touch like always. I relax under his touch and continue on with my cooking.

"I hope you know making out won't make the food cook in any faster!"

I broke away from Niall and turned to see Connor looking at us in disgust.

"Maybe it won't, but it sure makes time go faster." I smirk, Connor pretending he was puking.

"You didn't seem to think it was disgusting when you kissed that girl the other day!" Ava laughed as she walked into the kitchen behind him to grab a drink from the kitchen.

"Ya we kissed, we didn't full out make out when other people were in the room!" He exclaimed.

"Connor your like twelve, talk to me about how disgusting it is a year or two from now!" I roll my eyes at him, Niall's laugh soft in my ear. "Now go tell everyone dinner is ready and they need to set the table!"

"Ugh!" He screamed causing us to laugh as he shouted throughout the whole house for everyone to come and set the table.

I handed him all the plates as Ava and Eleanor got the cups and silverware. I carried the many bowls filled with noodles or sauce to the table, Niall helping.

"Louis get your ass off that couch and go wash your hands!" I hear Eleanor scold Louis who still sat on the couch.

"Yes mum!" He saluted her and went to go find the bathroom.

"That boy!" Eleanor sighed causing me to laugh.

Once everyone is finally seated around the table we all dig in to the food. I sit between Niall and Sophia. Sophia and I have become such good friends, like if I'm not with Niall I'm most likely with Sophia and usually Eleanor as well.

"Mia, have you got any new songs for me?" I looked up at Ava who sat across the table from me.

"Um, about that..." I trailed off, I felt Niall's hand grab mine under the table. "I have to talk to you about that."

"What?"

"I have been thinking a lot lately, talking to multiple people about this. And I was planning on telling everyone tomorrow but if it must be brought up now..." I looked down at my hand in Niall's as I take a deep breath. "I decided to go take a look at the University of Madison, I called the coach and he still has left the offer open to me."

"What does that have to do with you writing music for me?" Ava asked clearly not getting the point.

"Ava, this means that I have decided to follow my dream, I'm done following yours. I'm don't writing music for you."

"Your kidding right?"

"No, actually I'm not. I love music but not as much as I love volleyball. I want to do what I want to do, not what you wanted but couldn't have. You were living your dream through me, and I'm done practically being your servant."

"Who the hell talked you into this?" She shouted at me making me flinch.

"Nobody needs to talk me into following my own dreams, it was decision I made on my own." I glared at her in disbelief.

"What about the boys?" She shoots a look between Niall and I.

"Oh, I'm still writing for them. I will finish this album and then if Simon hires me as their official writer than I will stay with them."

"Why would you stay with them and not with your own sister?"

"Because unlike you they are capable of writing their own music. I write with them simply to fix the kinks in the songs that they have made." I spoke the truth, the boys are perfectly capable of writing their own music, it makes it easier for me to play volleyball and keep working with them. "Ava, you got the voice but you don't have the all around skill." I shrug my shoulders.

"You know, ever sense Owen died you have put everyone else in this family behind you! You think your superior to everyone else in the family and that nobody even compares! Well guess what Mia? I'm better than you, almost anyone is better than you!" She stands from her chair and full out screams at me.

"Alright, if your going to pull Owen in on this then you better sit your ass back down. If it wasn't for you not paying attention to him he would still be here! And you know that, don't fucking act like you don't!" I scream back her, tears streaming down my face.

Welcome to my family.

"You act like your the only fucking one hurting from this! Wake up, it affected the whole fricken family!"

"Really? Then why don't you act like it, you pretend that nothing happened. You didn't even cry at his funeral!"

"Everybody copes differently, I choose to cope in silence!"

"And I choose to never speak to you again!"

And for the second time today I find myself running for the tree.