Chapter 13

Ok guys, just a warning, don't be mad at me for this chapter, but it had to happen. Comment/vote/Fan :) Love you guys and thank you so much for reading!

Chapter 13

I woke up to the smell of bacon and coffee. That's when baby and stomach let me know that I was starving. I stretched, languishing in the feel of a very satisfied body. Ty had made love to me. It was loving and passionate. He was soft and gentle. I felt so good. I smiled at the memories of last night and sat up when he walked in the door, carrying a tray full of food. I pulled the sheet over my breasts and he sat the tray on my lap. There was an array of food. Bacon, eggs, French toast, apple juice, coffee and fresh strawberries. My mouth watered. He laughed as I jumped in and devoured it all. 

He sat next to me while I ate, and when I was done I sat back against him.

"Oh my goodness that was soooo good."  I said.

"I'm glad you liked it. When you are ready, grab a shower and get dressed. I have a surprise for you" It was then it dawned on me. It was Christmas day! I had been so wrapped up in the Ty, that I had completely forgotten.

"Merry Christmas Ty!" I happily shouted. He laughed at me and say Merry Christmas, grabbed my empty tray and headed to the kitchen. I hopped up, not literally because my big ole belly stopped me from hopping, and got in the shower. The warm water felt so good,  I almost fell asleep in the shower. I got out and toweled off, put some clothes on and went to the kitchen to find Ty. He was finishing the last of the dishes and dried his hands. He seemed a bit nervous, so I walked up behind him and wrapped my arms around his waste, pressing my face against his back. He held me there for a moment and told me to follow him.

He lead me to a door and I stood there for a moment, a bit confused. He put told me to close my eyes, so I smiled and did what he said. I heard the door open and he took hold of me and lead me in. I took my shoulders and placed me where he wanted me and told me to open my eyes. My hands flew to my mouth to cover the shock. Tears formed as I processed what I was seeing. The walls were covered in a lilac color, sky blue and sage green polka dots were scattered along the ceiling line. There was a chestnut colored crib with lilac colored bedding. Stuffed monkeys hung from one side of a wall and they scattered the beige colored carpet. There was a matching changing table, already stocked with diapers and wipes, an assorted diaper creams. There was a matching glider rocker with lilac cushions. Also a stroller and matching car seat. He had made a nursery for the baby. I was so enthralled with the nursery I hadn't seen him get down on his knee next to me. I turned to him, tears spilling down my face.

"You are the best thing that has ever happened to Charlotte. I wake up thinking about you and I go to sleep thinking about you.  I want you to be by my side for the rest of my life. We will have our ups and downs. But I don't want it to be with anyone else. I know that your daughter isn't mine, but I want her to be. I want to be her father and I want to your husband. Will you marry me?"  He held out a little box and opened it. Inside was a princess cut green diamond on a silver band. 

"YES! YES! YES!" I couldn't help but scream it! I was the happiest girl in the world!

*****************************************************************Tyson's POV

I was smiling as I drove out to the ranch the next day. We had moved her things in after Christmas dinner the night before. She was so excited. Donna and David had never looked so proud that I was marrying their daughter. She made me so happy. She had settled in nicely, taking over my kitchen and putting her own spin on the house. It would suit us nicely.  I had left her there for the morning, needing to make my rounds at the ranch. I pulled up at the barn, watching the other hands rushing out the cattle and a few unloading manure at the back.  I checked on the horses, making sure they had been fed, watered, and brushed down.  

I stepped into my office and was immersed in paperwork when my cell snapped me out of it. I looked down at the caller ID and smiled. Flipping it open, I dropped my voice an octave, 

"Hey there Sexy", I waited a moment and heard nothing. I called Charlotte's name a few times. I was now starting to get worried. That's when I heard her make a gargled noise, struggling to breathe. And then my blood ran cold.  I heard his voice and I was running out the door as he spoke,

" Stupid bitch, thought you would get me that way! You see who got it!"  and then all there was, was dial tone. I dialed 911 on the way, I knew it would take at least 30 minutes for them to get to us. I slammed into my truck and took off like a bat out of hell. When I got there, the front door was open and I ran in the house, desperately searching for her. I ran into our bedroom, nothing. The bathroom and finally when I came to the kitchen, I noticed the blood. So much damn blood. I walked around the island and that's when I saw her body, slumped forward with her phone in hand, covered in blood. I dropped down to my knees, not caring I was getting covered. I searched for wounds, but nothing on her face or chest.

My hands dropped to her belly and I felt the tears as I saw the stab wounds in her dress. Please God, please don't let me lose my family.  I saw her eyes flutter open, look at me and she could barely get the words out.

"Save Abagail"  then they fluttered closed. I scrambled to get towels and pressed them into her the four wounds on her right side, trying to suppress the bleeding. I heard the sirens in the distance and thanked God they got there as fast as they did.  They ran in a lifted her onto a stretcher and moved her into the ambulance. I sat with her as they worked on her. She would go in and out of consciousness.  Mumbling things as they hooked her up to the machines.

The doctors where ready when we got there, running with her down the corridors. They shouted things at the nurses and finally got her into a operating room. I tried to go in there too, but they told me I had to wait. 

I had to wait. Wait. I sat in a nearby chair and dropped my head in my hands.  I said a silent prayer as the woman and child that I loved so dearly fought to stay alive.