1. A New Start

Jane and Martin walk into Martin's house and are greeted by all of his workers and his sister.
"Welcome Chatwins!" they all yell with excitement.
Both of the children being quite startled by the lovely home and people, they just put their hands up and say a slight
"Hello".

"Martin, Jane" Mr. Plover said "These are my employees. They help with anything around the house when I'm writing in my study and can't do the housekeeping myself.

His sister who seems bitter to the look said
"Now children it is impeccable that you do not bother Christopher in his study!"

"Nonsense, nonsense. I want them to see my study immediately. There's quite a special place for them in there.

Jane and Martin both anxious to see his study and what it held for them set their bags down and looked at Mr. Plover. He motioned them down the hall to the door marked with a great big "C.P"

They entered the door but it wasn't quite what they seemed. It was a dark, dreary, and gross environment to write in. One would get almost no imagination in that room at all.

He says to the children

"Please stay out of here when I am in here. I'm currently working on a new book and it's imperative I get it completed soon. My sister has been trying to get a sneak peak so I've been keeping the door locked. Can you both promise me you won't try to enter without permission?"

"Yes Mr. Plover" they say at the same time with great big smiles.

"My employees will show you to your rooms for the time you're here."

As Mr. Plover goes into his study, his sister comes around the corner of the hallway and says

"Children, children let's see your rooms shall we?"

Both children with gigantic smiles follow the women up the stairs and to their rooms.

----------Months later-------------

"Christopher isn't here, maybe we shouldn't leave our room Jane" Martin says when they hear a bang from the empty room next door.

"I think we'll be okay. Maybe a picture fell of the wall and I'm sure Christopher wouldn't at all mind is picking it up for him" said Jane in an attempt to get out of the room

"Well I guess he'd appreciate that" Martin agreed.

They walk out of the room and over to the door and slowly open turn the job, anxious to see the other side. They open the door and their isn't a picture that had fallen or any decor. In the room was a boring shade of white poorly painted on the walls, an old wooden floor, and a stand-up clock with its door open.

They couldn't quite understand what they saw inside of a clock. From their distance, it looked similar to a brightly colored painting. Martin, being an enthusiast of just about anything walked over to it and wanted to pull it out but as he got closer, he realized what he was actually looking at. He stepped his body into the clock, and disappeared from Jane's vision.

"Martin?" Jane said fearfully.

She stared walking to the clock and took slower, smaller steps as she neared it. She stepped into the clock and she disappeared into the unknown.