Heart Of A Mouse

Adeline is a Star Warrior Apprentice of the Mouse Tribe. Her snow white face shone with curiosity. Adeline swished her skinny grey mouse-like tail as she watched as a new apprentice was being summoned. Dusty was the Tribe's summoner and next in line for leader. He had a face of different shades of black and grey, milky white eyes, dark grey feet, and wore a small headfeather while carrying around a staff.
  The new apprentice had been summoned by Dusty's staff. As the ceremony continued, it grew dark as all members of the Mouse Tribe gathered round. It was an important time of the year. Once a year, there would be a special star in the sky. This was the key to summon a new warrior to the tribe. Warriors were the only chance of survival for the species, Adeline's species of puffball is Micenicola, (Mice-in-nickola) a species which are small and agile and have mice tails. Brave warriors died every year from different causes. Recently a warrior named Dakota had died, she was a beautiful young puffball, but had died in a battle against the Fox Tribe.
  Light scattered across the sky, the new warrior had been named Leaf, fore he had a leafy like appearance.
  "Dusty, you've done a mighty fine job this year," the leader of the tribe spoke to his summoner. Crimson was the leader of the Mouse Tribe, he had a purple face, crimson red eyes, black feet, and wore a headdress like most tribe leaders did.
  The sky turned back to grey and stars were arrayed across the blanket of darkness. Various Star Warriors were going back to their stations as they guarded what they had left. The battle with the Fox Tribe had dealt serious damage to the tribe as they took a large piece of land from them. "You better go and get some rest young warrior," a voice said behind Adeline. Adeline quickly turned around to see a familiar dark blue face. It was Quin, her advisor, behind her. Advisors were skilled Star Warriors that had 1-3 apprentices. Adeline would start her training at dawn.
  Adeline nodded and waddled over to the apprentice burrow. She slid down in the small opening, around her were the other apprentices, Leaf, Maple, Rune, and Shay. Maple and Leaf seemed to be getting along. Rune was in the corner starting at the wall like paint was drying, and Shay was already asleep. Adeline lay in a small bed of leaves, and drifted off into a deep sleep.

Author's Comment

Late, Late, Late, Late. So very late. Sorry, been busy. Sorry if it was short too ;-;
  I'm trying my best here. Also, book cover art will be made by me when I finish it. So look forward to that, I don't have much to say. I'll be working on the next part when I can.