Void of Night

I woke up to an empty room, with only the previous metal tray in it. I was still laying down on a medical chair, but now the strains were removed and I was able to stand up. The fist step I took was extremely painful, sending a sharp pain through my chest. I grabbed the arm of the chair, but I wasn't able to support myself as I fell to the ground, hitting my head on the cold metal flooring. I tried to regain my stance slowly standing back up. Whatever they did to me while I was unconscious must not have been good. It feels like something was replaced. I can't tell if it was something important, but I'm still alive, so that's all that matters right now. Whoever operated on me just decided to leave, and the door seems to be unlocked. I stood up, took a deep breath, and started walking towards the door.

     Opening up the door revealed a long hallway. It wasn't that long, but there seemed to a giant display board on the side of the wall. I was searching for answers, so I better start somewhere. One thing I need is to find an answer to what was put inside me in the operation room. It didn't feel right, but it wasn't working against me. The board came into sight, and I didn't get a single answer. It just gave me more questions. "(Passing percent) Floor One: 76%, Floor Two: 89%, Floor Three: 93%, Floor Prestige: 100%." Nothing here made sense.

     I found this board to find no use at all. No answers, no supplies, no people. I needed to press on. I kept walking down the hallway, feeling a slight ominous feeling looming over me, but I needed to focus on the situation at hand. Looking farther down the hallway, I saw a door, nothing indicated where is was leading to, but it was the best shot I had. Every step I took closer to the door made me feel more nervous, but I needed to know what was happening, and if I would be okay with whatever was implanted into me. I was right in front of the door, with my hand hovering around the door knob, but my body was trying to reject the action. Whatever was put inside me seemed more real than ever, and my chest started to make a slight pulling pain. I needed to be careful. Pressing my ear against the door, everything seemed fine, dead silent, but I could still feel the presence of people. I backed away slowly, thinking of what to do. If I go though the door, I might die, but I might find help. If I stay here, I could stay low and hide, but if I was found, I would die. I knew what to do. I made my way back to the score board. I needed a weapon. This was the only thing in the hallway, so I had to make due. I opened the huge control panel next to the display board, revealing wires, pipes, and circuits that I shouldn't mess with. A knife would be perfect right now, but luck hasn't been on my side. I ripped out one of the pipes spewing smoke everywhere. The display board, had a quick flash of light, but then shut down to darkness. The metal pipe would be perfect.

     I made my way back to the door, took a deep breath, and thought. I had to be careful. I opened the door slightly, barely revealing a little light through the crack, and listened. If anyone knew I was there, they would most likely clamber about, getting ready for something, but it was dead quiet, I came to the conclusion that it was okay to press on. I continued to open the door, and saw that the room was empty, but I could see that the walls were glass, and it had nothing in it. There was one more door, labeled. I couldn't see what was written on it, so I took a step into the room. I made my way a few feet to away from the door, and written on a gold plate was the word, "Imperator", Latin, it probably means General, or some sort of Captain. Lights blared on, filling my hearing with the sound of radiation. I walked over to the glass, looking out, I could see that a far ways away in every direction I could see rooms, with people in them, too many to count, but I couldn't make out what they were doing, they seemed to be training, but they were hidden by a blur. I looked through the surroundings, and looking down, I fell backwards in shock, everything was black. It was like a void, empty with a few small lights in the very far distance, but it seemed familiar. Thinking of all the possibilities, the most reasonable, but astonishing one, was that I was in space. I seemed to be at the edge of it all. I definitely wasn't on a planet, since everything was man made, and had no curvature. The rooms around seemed to be orbiting. They were all one big circle, surrounding this center room with paths leading to the operation room that I woke up in, but there was only one door... In that thought, the door I entered with, closed in a slam. The room was filled with a click, locking the door I came through. There's only one way to go now. I slowly stood back up, with the thing in me still hurting. I walked to the door, labeled "Imperator." I tested if the door was locked, and it wasn't. I waited a few seconds, and made up my mind. I opened the door, revealing an office, highly furnished with red clothed sofas and dark oak tables. I walked up to the desk, seeing that there was a name plate on it. Picking it up and bringing it closer, it read, "Imperator Io."