Ch. 3 - Catching Raven

Start from the beginning

Hunter kept his other arm around Raven, making circular motions with his fingers against her soft flesh. He watched the way his fingers sunk into her skin and found peace in the sight. He enjoyed the thought of her being in his arms after waiting so long. Hunter couldn't feel her, but he knew Raven could feel him.

Hunter's touch caused Raven's skin to crawl, the hands of her loves killer felt wrong on new levels. With every completed circle his fingers made, Raven's fear grew deeper because it confirmed the events weren't the result of her overactive imagination. She wanted to wake up from the horrid nightmare, to find Jackson sleeping soundly next to her. Raven knew she wasn't dreaming though, because she could feel Hunter was real with every circle he made.

"W-why?" Raven finally asked, her voice breaking through the sobs.

"Because you are mine." Hunter answered softly, not wanting to scare her anymore than he already had.

Raven's body trembled harder at his words and she pushed off Hunter to sit up straight. He allowed it but didn't remove his hands from her sides. He wanted her to feel him and also thought she might try to bolt for the door. He was surprised when she turned to face him with new found courage instead.

"No, I'm not." she spoke in a challenging way.

Hunter felt himself becoming angry again. He had to remind himself that he expected that reaction before answering. Loosing his temper with Raven would have been deadly for her, and her death would've ruined the plans he made.

"Yes, you are." he confirmed as his grip subconsciously tightened, pressing his rough fingers deeper into her soft skin.

Raven winced at the pressure applied and looked at him, confusion clear in her features. He wasn't sure what she was looking for and began wondering what was going through her mind. She was searching for some shred of sanity in the intruder, something to use to reason with him; there was none.

Realizing she was dealing with a psycho, Raven suddenly pulled away with all her strength. Hunter's grip failed and she pushed away from him, sliding back on the floor. As she was trying to get to her feet Hunter jumped up and pushed himself on top of her, pressing her back into the ground.

Raven flailed her arms at Hunter, making contact with his face and arms as she tried to fight him off. She felt like a caged animal, willing to do anything to get him away from her. Hunter could have restrained Raven easily, but he couldn't feel the sting of her attacks so he allowed it to continue. He remained perfectly still while she dealt blow after blow, waiting patiently for her to calm back down. Once she realized she was doing no real damage, her arms collapse beside her and she began crying again. The realization that her situation was hopeless hit her like a brick.

Hunter gently grabbed her arms and raised them above her head, engulfing both her dainty hands in his giant one. He couldn't tell exactly how hard he gripped the woman, so he used extra caution, being careful not to hurt her. Raven tried to pull free, but saw it was no use and remained still yet again, afraid of what might come next.

As he laid on top of her Hunter studied Raven's face, watching the tears burst from her tightly closed eyes and her lower lip tremble from fear. He didn't want to cause her pain, but she had to understand that there was no escaping him.

Hunter sighed and leaned in closer, nuzzling his face into the crook of her neck, inhaling the clean scent of lavender and vanilla. Raven flintched at the contact, but Hunter decided to ignore it. He ran his free hand along her side lightly, and noticed her try to shift away. In response, Hunter grew rougher in his touch, and pulled her closer.

"Stop fighting me." he nearly growled into her ear.

Raven was petrified from her own terror. She read enough psycho stories to know what would come next. Still, Hunter's actions confused her. She thought he should be hitting her, shoving her face into the ground, and taking whatever it was he wanted. The fact that his touch was gentle yet controlling was what scared her the most, because it wasn't normal behavior for a cold hearted killer. It almost felt loving, and the realization of that caused bile to rise in her throat.

"Please." she whispered, sounding broken and vulnerable. "Please, don't-"

"Don't worry, I'm not going to do anything to hurt you anymore." Hunter said, cutting her off.

He knew what she was thinking. Raven was afraid the stranger would rape her, but this wasn't about sex, it was about love; Hunter's psychotic, obsessive love.

Hunter continued running his hand along her body, enjoying the way her skin reacted to his touch. Her body would involuntarily twitch each time he explored a new area, and he smiled, convincing himself Raven enjoyed the contact but was too stubborn to admit it. He trailed a path up her leg, down her arm, and around her neck. He waited so long to have her that close.

He glanced sideways to the body that laid parallel to them, Jackson's empty eyes watching their every move and Hunter smiled at the irony of their places being swapped. The blood was starting to spread and remained only inches from touching Raven's flawless ivory skin.

Hunter sighed yet again and raised himself so he could look into her eyes. He saw the fear in Raven, the confusion and sadness as well. He thought about how long it would take to make her smile again, but he also felt up to the task.

"Ready to go home?" Hunter asked softly while tracing her jaw line with his fingers.

Raven didn't respond, but watched him carefully, trying to think of a way to escape. Remembering that she tried running the last time she looked at him like that, Hunter added, "If you fight me, it will only be worse for you."

She continued watching Hunter for a few moments before shaking her head "no". She wasn't agreeing to go with this monster.

Hunter sighed in disappointment and reached towards a picture frame sitting on a nearby table. It was of Davy, standing in front of the Book and Bean. He stared at it a moment, then flipped it around to show Raven.

"645 NE 3rd St." He recited Davy's home address. Turning the picture around to look at it again he quietly added, "It would be a shame if I visited him soon. There's also 497 SE Winston Ave, 214 NE Triangle Dr., 779 NW Gresham..." He allowed his voice to drift off then smiled down at her, "I could go on, but I think you have the point."

Hunter knew he won the fight, Raven knew it too. As much as the idea of leaving with this maniac petrified her, the idea of him visiting all Jackson's friends and her adopted father was far worse.

Tears fell from her eyes again, streaking her face with the black of her makeup. Hunter dropped the picture in the pool of blood next to them before leaning in close, wrapping her small body in his arms.

"Shh," he whispered in her ear as he pulled her tight against him.

Raven reached up and put her hands on his shoulders as she tried pushing him away. The idea of her tormentor also comforting her made her feel cheap, used, and frightened. She just wanted him to leave, to stop touching her, to have never existed.

"Raven, Raven, Raven. I can give you so much more. Let me make your dreams come true. I don't want to hurt you, but I will." His voice, which was sickly sweet before, turned dark and menacing during his last few words.

The terror she felt caused her to stop crying, sobered by the need to act and think clearly. Slowly she nodded her head in agreement, and Hunter smiled down on her.

"Let's grab you a jacket then. It's a bit nippley outside." Hunter teased while tracing her bra line, "Red looks good on you by the way." he smirked.

Suddenly he released Raven's arms and sat up straight, still on top of her. Hunter reached in his pants pocket and pulled out a simple flip phone.

"We're ready." he said into the device before hanging up and helping Raven to her feet.

-

This is where the short story version left off. Everything past this point is all new ^_^

What did you think?

All comments, critiques, thoughts, and reactions are welcomed.

Please, don't forget to vote! It's very encouraging.