~Chapter Thirty-Five~

Zacznij od początku

        I release Mack, taking a step forward.

        "Alex, what is it?" I hear Polly's concerned voice ask.

       I don't say anything, my eyes locked on a large tree that's around fifteen feet away. The only tree around that's big enough to hide anyone behind it.

        My heart thuds loudly in my ears.

        He found us?

        I should've been more careful. I should've done something different.

       "Alex?" Now Mack's quiet voice breaks the still air.

        I wince, the sudden noise sounding like a yell to my ears.

        I start to slowly back up.

      "Guys." I mumble out from the corner of my mouth, my eyes never leaving the tree. "We need to-" I stop as laughter begins to emit from over behind the large tree.

         I hear Polly and Mack draw in a sharp breath.

        "You need to what?" A voice asks, echoing throughout the quiet forest.

         I automatically position myself so I'm directly in front of Mack and Polly.

        "Hmm?" The voice questions. "There's nowhere to go now, Alex." A branch cracks.

         My palms are slick with sweat, arms trembling at my side.

         Suddenly there's movement, and Ben steps out from behind the tree.

        Polly gasps, and I hear Mack shuffle forward a step.

         "There's nothing you can do." He gives me a twisted smile, a strange look in his eye.

         My heart sinks as my eyes land on the pistol he has strapped to his hip.

         He's right.

         There's nothing I can do.

         Then his evil smile turns into his normal pleasant one. His face returning to what it had been during the whole month I've known him.

         He looks over my shoulder. "Polly, my dear." He gives a nod. "Sorry you got dragged into this mess." He smirks.

        Polly let's a breath out. "You bastard!" She hisses between clinched teeth as she takes a step forward.

        Ben just seems amused, leaning up against a tree.

       "And Mack." His smirk turns back into that twisted smile. "I couldn't be happier you're here, you spoiled brat." He spits the last few words out with venom.

       Mack seems completely appalled, his mouth hanging slightly open.

        I can't blame him.

       This Ben....is a completely different character from the laid-back, carefree, joking around Ben that they're all accustomed to.

       This Ben-

       Is pure evil.

       Ben let's a snort out at the expressions on everyone's faces.

        He rights himself from his leaning position against the tree, coming forward a few steps.

       "What? No-" He makes a surprised face, bringing his hands up. "Why Ben, Why!" He pretend pleads. "Or-" He gets down on his knees, into a begging position. "Please, please don't kill me!" He shakes his hands, his face the picture of sadness.