Chapter Two

I sat at a table, tapping my fingers on the wood, looking around Starbucks anxiously. I took a sip of my latte and tried to take deep breaths. I ran my fingers over my wrist, over the scars. Then, after freaking out that people could see them beneath the fabric of my sweater I wrapped both hands around my coffee cup. Every time the door opened my head snapped up, looking at the person walking in. 

Take deep breaths, Taylor, it will be fine. She undertands, she knows. It's okay. I told myself, taking even breaths. I had never been so nervous about meeting a fan. 

"Taylor! Hey," suddenly Aria appeared, a coffee cup in her hand. 

"H-hey," I said, forcing a smile and relaxing a little bit. 

"How are you?" she asked, sitting down across from me. 

"Good, you?" I asked, the answer coming to my mouth automatically. 

She shook her head slightly, "I'm good." 

"Wanna go back to my apartment?" I asked, "We can... talk there. Hang out with Meredith." 

She nodded, understanding, "Yeah, I'll call my parents and let them know." 

She called her parents as we walked out of Starbucks and into the warm Nashville air. We made our way back to my apartment and Aria looked around, wide-eyed. 

"This is unbelievable," she said as I opened the door to my apartment.

I smiled, "It's okay if you want to freak out, I get it." 

"I will later, don't want to make you feel weird," she told me. 

I laughed, "I have paparazzi following me every where I go, fans screaming and crying, and the oddest schedule ever, not much makes me feel weird." 

She smiled and looked around my apartment. She walked over and sat on the couch, looking at me intently as I took off my shoes and hung up my purse. 

"When did it start?" she asked suddenly. 

"What?" I sat down beside her. 

"The cutting," she said softly. 

I took a deep breath, "Honestly? The whole truth?" 

She nodded, "Of course, Taylor." 

"When I was in middle school. With the bullying. I did it a few times," I looked down at my hands, this was the first time I shared this with anyone. "Then, I found music and started getting more into that so I stopped. It seemed to get better, I didn't think about it when I moved to Nashville and started really working on music. I released the first album and everything was perfect. Fearless was released and everything continued to be amazing. Then the Kanye thing happened. People seemed to support me though, so it wasn't too horrible. But then the hate started." I took a deep breath, glancing at Aria who was listening carefully. "And it's been periodical since then." 

Aria suddenly embraced me in a hug, "Taylor, you are amazing, okay? Never forget that." 

I smiled slightly, "But the thing is... I'm not. I'm not anything special."

"Taylor... you are absolutely amazing. You help so many people stay strong, you donate so much to charity, you have found what you love and that in itself is amazing." 

"Thank you," I told her, "I love you." 

"We can get through this together, okay?" 

I nodded, "Okay." 

A/N: I FINALLY updated! haha so sorry. I kinda go through periods of not updating.... been busy with school.... but I went to Nashville over spring break and it was amazing. Saw the Country Music Hall of Fame and Tay's education center and her stuff there. And I went and toured Vanderbilt and drove by her apartment and saw the Pancake Pantry and Fido. :) haha. yup.