five

005 | ❝ "Who do you think she's going to pick?"

005 | ❝ "Who do you think she's going to pick?" ❞

🐬🐬🐬

Finally, able to open the door Miss Peregrine could walk through the door first followed by the four teens. All their eyes landed on Delphine was seated in the tub filled with water her eyes wide as she looked down at the place where her legs were supposed to be. Instead, they were now replaced by a long blue mermaid tail that faded to green at the end. Everybody was quiet as they took in the sight before them, after a while Miss Peregrine walked over to the girl and began helping her out of the tub.

Unlike the first time Delphine grew the tail, once she was completely out of the water her tail was still there and she began to panic. "Oh no,no, no." Delphine cried out looking around at everyone her hands flying to her hips where she tried to pull off the tail as if she were wearing a skirt.

"Delphine, calm down." Abraham suddenly said kneeling beside the girl. Delphine shook her head grabbing a towel to dry herself off, she didn't know why something told her that she had to dry off. She patted away the droplets of water from her tail and tears began to form when the tail remained. Everybody tried to get her to calm down, even Enoch had tried to help her.

As Enoch helped her he felt something he'd never felt before as he watched the girl cry at her appearance. When Delphine had completely dried off and the tail had disappeared all the boys quickly looked away noting that she was naked. "Has this ever happened before?" Emma asked walking over to Delphine with a dry towel so that she could cover herself.

"Once," Delphine said. "when I met Abraham but I thought I-I thought I was just hallucinating from not sleeping. Besides, when I came out of the water it wasn't there." Delphine answered. "I'm going to the room." Without looking at anybody Delphine walked out of the bathroom and around the corner back to Emma's room.

Miss Peregrine and Enoch were the only ones left in the bathroom. Emma, Abraham, and Victor had left back to what they were previously doing. "I'm going to the library." Enoch said after a while looking at Miss Peregrine and walking away.

Enoch wasn't really one to do much research on peculiar children but Delphine had been far more interested in his peculiarity than anyone else, ever. He figured the least he could do was help her figure out more about herself. Once Enoch was in the library he picked out any book that had to do with peculiars and water.

Once he had them he walked upstairs to Emma's room and knocked on the door. "Enter." Came Emma's voice.

Opening the door Enoch peeked his head through the crack before fully walking in. "And Delphine?" He asked looking around the room to see that it was only Emma.

"Abe took her to her new room." Emma answered, she normally wasn't one to get jealous but Enoch could sense it on the girl. "I think he fancies her."