Sneakiness

The photoshop level of this edit is 10/10😻😻
-

The next morning, Eva woke up to her phone buzzing. A new Snapchat notification.

Jerk:

Eva: go to school SchistadJerk: why? Miss me already? 😏Eva: yuck 😒Jerk: we're on our way; don't you see the bike? It's the fastest ride aroundEva rolled her eyes

Jerk: why? Miss me already? 😏
Eva: yuck 😒
Jerk: we're on our way; don't you see the bike? It's the fastest ride around
Eva rolled her eyes.
Eva: turbo speed, 200 horse power
Jerk: it's cute that you're trying but 200 horse power is like the slowest thing on earth
Eva: go to school, Chris
Jerk: whoa
Jerk: WhOa
Jerk: WHOA
Jerk: Eva called me by my name
Jerk: we're basically engaged

Eva was halfway to school when she caught a glimpse of William's white shoes and Chris' chocolate hair.
Taking a left at the next alley, she went around an the building so that she would end up not crossing paths with them. Jogging up to Noora and the girls, Eva dared to glance back to the Riot Club.

Chris was perched up against a wall, his armed crossed out in front of him, giving short blonde girl a quarter of his attention, if not less.

He was scanning the court yard, looking for someone. Eva whipped her head back, and even if she couldn't see him, she knew he was staring directly at her.

As Vilde tugged them all inside so they won't be late for class, Eva sneaked a peak in his direction.

Chris had unfolded his arms and put his hands into his pockets, a smirk curled onto his face and simultaneous wink directed straight at her.

Sana stopped Eva before she could go into her Spanish class.

'Is my plan working?' She asked knowingly, giving her friend a sly look.

'I can hardly call your sneakiness a planned approach.'

'But is it?' Sana leaned forward.

'It is not.'

Sana's eyebrows flew upward.

'I'm serious.' Eva said laughing at her reaction as she pulled her into the class.

Three breaks and four very tiring classes later, it was finally lunch break.

Paying for her protein bar, Eva walked towards Noora, currently perched at a picnic table outside next to a pine tree.

'What's up?'
'Sana has been on my case.' Noora groaned.
'Same here.'
'Whose case on what?'
William Magnusson and Christoffer Schistad sat down on either side of them.

'Nothing.' Noora shot back quickly.
'How's your day going, babe?'
'I'm not your babe, Schistad.'
'Schistad now, is it? We've regressed I see.' Schistad tsk'ed, putting a hand over his heart.

'Can you guys just...' Noora started.
'-shoo.' Eva said, giving him a sideways look.
'We don't want targets on our backs.' Noora added, tilting her head towards a herd of girls clustered together around various Riot Club boys.

'Don't worry, we'll protect you.' William said smirkingly.
Eva fake-gagged.
'Not swooning over Prince Charming I see?' Chris commented, wrapping his arm around Eva.
William and Noora had started a conversation between themselves.
'Why are you acting like this?' Eva whispered.
'Like what?' Chris replied, arrogance creeping into his voice.
'Like a fuckboy. You weren't like that before. You're better then that. I can bet William is as well. This facade isn't going to hold up outside of high school.' Eva shot back, shrugging off Chris' arm and dragging Noora out of there, leaving Chris with a thin unreadable face and William plain confused.

'Come over after school.' Eva begged Noora as she threw her wrapper away. Noora nodded and thanked her for getting the two out of that situation.

'Fucking awkward.' Noora muttered, throwing her stuff on her desk in History class.

After school, the two best friends were listening to music and dancing around in Eva's room when Eva's Snapchat buzzed to life.

Jerk:

caption: can I come over? xxEva: no Jerk: whyEva: I don't want you to get your fuckboyishness all over the place

Eva: no
Jerk: why
Eva: I don't want you to get your fuckboyishness all over the place.
Jerk: is that like a secret word forrrrr....?
Eva: ew; no, you have bad vibes
Jerk: I'll have you know that I happen to own the best vibes from around here.
Eva ignored the last snap and turned to Noora.
'Don't give me that look.'
'I'm not giving you a look.'
'You know exactly what I mean.'
A knock from the window made Eva jump pic of bed.
'WHAT THE F-'
'Eva, it's me.' Jonas said chuckling, crouching by the window of the basement. Noora laughed and let him in.

Eva kissed Jonas and hugged him.
'Noora, can I have a word with Eva? It'll be quick.' He promised.
'Sure thing; I'm raising your kitchen!' Noora shouted as she ascended the stairs.

As Eva closed the door, her heart skipped a beat. They hadn't spoken for over a week and all of a sudden he wants to 'talk?' Is this about Chris? Did he misunderstand something? Oh god- maybe he was breaking up with her. That was it. She wasn't pretty enough. Yes, that was it. Oh god she's going to be broken up with-.

'Eva.' Jonas called from a beanbag he'd lowered himself into, sitting cross-legged. As Eva jumped on her own bed, the only thing she could hear was her own heart going a hundred miles an hour.