Chapter 8 ► Two Faced

Luke's POV

I_AM_WILDCAT

"Hey have fun on your date! so where you and the lucky lady heading?"

"Thanks man. her name's (Y/N) and I feel like I'm the lucky one here, she's so beautiful"
"also I was thinking about that Olive Garden in Downtown"

"I bet you are the lucky one."
"Ok bro I'll let you go. Have fun at Olive Garden"
"Would be ashamed if something bad happened"

I guess Tyler's not the only one that moved to L.A. Maybe I should pay an old friend a visit. After all, it's rude to not let someone know you're in town.

Third Person POV

"Freeze!" One cop says as him and his group aim their weapons at Luke. He made no hesitation to shoot aimlessly at them before running off, with his identity still unknown to everyone. Everyone but (Y/N).

As Tyler just stood there in rage watching the chaos happen before him, a cop interrupted his angry thoughts to ask him some questions. He had a difficult time answering. It felt like it happened so fast to him. He just couldn't get that image of (Y/N) being shot out of his head.

After the officer finished questioning him, Tyler went back to the paramedics seeing the unconscious body of his friend, his love interest. "Is she alright?" Tyler stopped the paramedic who was putting her on a stretcher.

"She'll be fine. But we really need to bring her in for surgery, sir." The paramedic replied, pushing her out and into the ambulance.

Tyler could only watch this all happen. It made him feel useless.

As for Jon, he stood from a distance watching the chaos. He saw the body being pushed into the back of the ambulance and hoped it wasn't who he thought it was. Soon, he sees Tyler walk out of the restaurant, head hung low, but not with (Y/N), that's when his heart dropped. Poor Jon, this wasn't how he imagined seeing his best friend after so long.

As soon as he let a tear escape, he heard Tyler's Corvette roar and started to back out of the parking lot. Jon had no car, he couldn't just ask Tyler for a ride, especially how he doesn't know who he was in person. He had to hail another cab down.

Upon arriving, Jon sat a couple seats away from Tyler, silently wishing he could comfort his friend. Soon, a couple more familiar faces came in the seats between Tyler and Jon. Craig sitting closer to Tyler, Evan sitting next to Jon. Jon was happy they came in, he just wished he could've joined in on their conversation.

Jon was a bit jealous of the cute moment the boys were having bonding and worrying over his own best friend. He knows (Y/N) won't see his messages until later, at least he hoped, but he took a quick picture of them and sent it to her with a message: "Did they make it clear yet? They love you, as much as I do."

Soon, a nurse comes out the door and eyes Tyler. He stands up rushes to her, preparing for the worst. "How is she?"

"The surgery was a success," The nurse started. Tyler exhaled from excitement. "But she did lose a good amount of blood on the way here, so she may not wake up until tomorrow."

Tyler's smile immediately vanishes. "Can my friends and I see her now?"

"Sure right this way!"