Voltron: Legendary Defender

Note – If something is not on the list that means I didn't think to add said pairing or headcanon to the list because I didn't think of it as a possibility or I simply forgot about it.

..._Pairings_...

Adam/Shiro (???) – I can't call this an OTP, but I am not against writing it. Adam is a difficult character given the fact I don't trust LM and JDS to have – contrary to what they claim – not have planned Shiro being LGBT, but I think one of the reasons I and others don't want to throw out season seven at least not completely is because it introduced us to Adam and James. I would have loved for James to be Adam's younger brother given my headcanon of Shiro and Keith being related. The problem is, as much as I like the pairing I've only one story so far where I found myself able to work the pairing in without said pairing taking away from the rest of the story. Adam is just that underdeveloped. It also doesn't help that I've always headcanoned Shiro as bisexual due to the fact Sven did end up with Romelle in the original, but certain fans picked up and wrote an awesome essay on Shiro and Lotor from the comics and the LGBT vibes. However, this also means LM and JDS didn't come up with Shiro being LGBT as it was probably there all along.

Alfor/Coran (One Sided) – Coran, despite actually having a wife and child in the original canon was one of the characters I saw potentially coming out as LGBT. I didn't see the crush being reciprocated given the fact I feel Alfor would remain loyal to his wife Melenor, yet I headcanon him as LGBT.

Alfor/Melenor (OTP) – I see Allura's parents remaining loyal and steadfast regarding their feelings for each other.

Alfor/Zarkon (NoTP) – I don't headcanon either as LGBT, but I see both being steadfast to their canon love interest.

James/Pidge (OTP) – I think this pairing stems from the fact I feel James would be a better member of the team, yet he reminds me of DotU Lance far more than Lance does.

Keith/Allura (OTP) – I've shipped these two since the original series and loved the chemistry between the two. There is a reason this ship is the flag ship pairing, but the one series with the pairing which didn't work out – Voltron Force – said pairing remained one of the things which worked out.

Keith/Axca (NoTP) – I don't have an aversion to this pairing like I do other pairings in this fandom, I don't like the fact there are implications Axca was created as an attempt to get Keith out of the way of shipping Allura with Lance and

Keith/Lance (NoTP) – I don't like how certain fans of the pairing treated the rest of the fandom and gave the fandom a bad name. On top of attempting to blackmail the cast and sending death threats to the staff in an attempt to force their pairing into being canon they also read way too much in between the lines. (Certain fans wanting to pair Shiro with Keith were just as bad.) They labeled Keith as the bully when Lance was doing all the antagonizing meaning they didn't get the characters.

While I do headcanon Keith as asexual – more on that in a bit – I do not headcanon Lance as anything but heterosexual.

Keith/Shiro (NoTP) – On top of writing the two as blood related

Lance (DotU)/Pidge (Crack) I can't get behind pairing VLD Lance up with Pidge because I feel she deserves better. The fanfic I've read for the pairing ignores what Lance did in season eight and brushes aside his infatuation with Allura. That said, I saw fanart for this pairing and all my issues with VLD Lance aren't there. Yeah, he's still got the same flaws as VLD Lance, but he's actually a team player among other things.

Lance/Allura (NoTP) –

Lance is an abusive boyfriend.

Yes, I know fans of the pairing thing his protectiveness of her is adorable because cute snuggles means the relationship is healthy, but that he's supportive of her, yet this is an inaccurate description of how he treated her. I'll start off with the fact we never heard what Allura's feelings for Lance were before she became possessed yet there she showed a major ick factor prior to the blush scene in season seven which sadly can be explained as her thinking Lance and his sister was an item as she didn't know at the time they were related. She didn't like their first kiss and we never saw if she liked the second as it was off screne.