Intro

I've decided to finally start up a fanfic request book. However, I am going to do this a bit differently than most other books that include the requested stories as part of the book. The first chapter of course lays down some ground rules for requests made. The second chapter once I start getting requests which includes a list of the requests fulfilled, which will be posted as second stories. The following chapters are going to be fandom specific, of what I will or won't write for any given fandom and why. Thus, this request book also serves the double purpose of keeping track of the theories and type of stories I like writing for, for any given fandom.

Note – For fanfiction, I am using the definition of whether the work is derivative work created by the original creator or not, not fiction written by fans.

Rules

1. As the person taking on requests, I am free to deny any request I so choose. If I do deny a request, chances are I will try to give a reason, if it is not already given. Other people are also free of taking on a request even if I choose not to, choose to do so, or even have fulfilled said request.

2. Requests should hopefully be taken care of in the order they come in.

3. While I am fine with working with OCs, I will not work with an OC that is a Mary Sue unless it is meant to be a parody fic. This is a reason I may deny a request. I am also open to writing canon characters paired with an OC, but only if it works.

4. I'm find with working with AUs, however an AU does not mean non-canon, and a good AU is still canon. In regards to AUs, while there are an infinite number of possibilities, there are also an infinite number of impossibilities. There cannot, for example, exist an alternate universe where alternate universes do not exist.

5. While I am fine with writing a sequel to an already written story that does not yet have a sequel including one shots, this is not the place for requesting me to continue the story.

6. No smut.

7. While I am fine with whumping, I do not character bash.

8. I'd prefer the requests to be things I can do within a one-shot or a few chapters, so I can move onto the next request sooner rather than later. However, I'd also like them to be more than just a request for a pairing, even if it just involves a theme.

9. This is not the place for advertising your own stories, or yourself. One should never, ever do that in regards to any person's profile or story, as that isn't what it is for. However, if you take upon a person's request that you see posted, the comment is not out of context for the comments section, as you are replying to someone's request.

10. No stories which break Wattpad's site guidelines.

When submitting a request, attach it as a comment to the paragraph where the fan theory or pairing I like writing for is listed. For example, if you want to see if I would writer for a fandom not listed, you would add a comment to the line "Fandoms I Won't Write for..." just below.

That's it for now.

Fandoms I Won't Write for...

RPF/Popfic (real person fiction) – I'm of the personal opinion that real person fiction isn't fanfiction, but falls under original fiction. I don't like how writers of historical real person fiction look down upon modern real person fiction and treat it as an "other" in regards to writing, when what they're doing is no different.

A Series of Unfortunate Events - Don't get me wrong. I really love this series. However, I also find this series to be very depressing, and I couldn't not write a story which wasn't depressing. While I'm a darkfic writer, there's certain places I shouldn't go.

Legend of Korra – I never fell in love with any of the characters, whereas with the prequel series I fell in love with almost all the major characters. The writing for the series also left a lot to be desired, and did many things I as a writer have taught myself not to do in my own writing. Adding a token LGBT pairing doesn't make up for the bad writing, but feels like the pairing exists because they wanted the series to be talked about just like the original series and not forgotten. Give me One Day at a Time (2017) and No. 6 any day, just to name a few.