Keeva and the Sword-Part 1

This is my very first upload to WattPad. Formatting errors are due to my newness to the program. Please Note that I write with a fair amount of description. I understand that this makes my stories a bit wordy, I will attempt to be more concise in the final version. This is a version of the selection found in the Scrimshaw and as part of my blog. Yes, I change from view to view, it is how i write and talk in day to day life, I'm working to correct that in the later drafts. I promise that my verbs will mostly match my tenses, although some punctuation marks are the bane of my existence, *Cough, colons and quotations, Cough*. Anyway Enjoy, please comment, like, fan, or give constructive criticism if you enjoy any of my works.

Hi, I'm Keeva, Keeva Heartridge that is, age seventeen. I am very short, about four foot ten, and I have shoulder length mousy brown hair and green eyes. My hair came from my mother, and I guess the green eyes came from my father. Oh, and I am a follower of Aléthés. But that comes later in the story. Well, here goes.

I walked slowly along the old dirt trail toward the place I now called home. After Uncle died I had to pretend to move in with a different relative to avoid arousing the suspicion of the landlord. The problem was that Uncle was my only relative left. I was born just after my mother finished high school. I never knew who my father was, since my birth was caused by my mother being raped, and Uncle was my mother's only sibling. Both of my grandparents were only children. I lived in an old shed about two miles from school. I worked at a local restaurant and earned enough money to buy groceries and a gym membership, which provided shower and laundry facilities.

My school fees were covered by a sponsor, provided I kept my grades up. Unbeknownst to me several of the students from my sponsor family had taken notice of me. I guess one of them recognized that I wore the same set of outfits after school. And that my uniforms and school supplies were all old and worn. It was around October when I opened my locker to find a basket with fresh fruit and a new pair of shoes as well. These mystery packages continued to appear every three days or so. They always contained food, and usually an item or two of clothing and some school supplies.

I was very tired since we had completed the school fitness test today, and I had worked a shift and a half at the café. It was late and the trail was a mess due to the horrid wind storms that had occurred in the past week. I tripped in a small hole in the trail and fell, rolling down the hill. I awoke several hours later just as the sun was beginning to rise. I was covered with dirt and leaves, and my whole body was one giant ache. I lay quietly for a few minutes taking inventory of the hurts. My right leg distinctly hurt in three separate places, my left knee was either very bruised or sprained, my right arm was covered in scratches, and my left wrist was severely swollen, although I could support myself with it. I was also certain that I had a cracked rib or two. The good news was that I was only about ten feet from the shed.