Chapter 11

I wake up to thunder and my dad hollering for Jacob, outside. I get dressed and I run out. I see dad pick up a piece of paper and Jacob phasing before running into the trees. That must be the wedding invitation for Jacob.

"Daddy, I am going to Sam's; I have patrol." I kiss his cheek.

"Alright; drive careful, the wort of the storm is about to hit."

I smile before climbing up into my truck. I turn the wipers on before I pull out of the drive and go over the mini bridge. I drive through La Push and I pull into Sam and Emily's. Pauls eyes widen when I climb out.

"That does beat my truck." He whispers.

"By a long shot." Jared wolf whistles. "Let's get this over with."

We go into bushes and strip before phasing. I run in the rain and stop t my usual mountain top. I still don't understand why we are patrolling. We killed Victoria, James, and Laurent. Well, I helped with Victoria. James and Laurent were dead before I came home.

A bolt of lightning hits a tree beside me. I Yelp as it falls right behind me. I whimper before I trot through the trees. I stop at another cliff and I spot a funnel cloud. I howl an I take off running full speed to Sam's.

I phase and dress before running inside. I grab the phone and dial dad's cell.

"Sam?" He grumbles.

"Dad; I saw a funnel cloud right at us; be careful."

"I'm in Charlie's basement with him right now." He tells me. "You stay at Sam's!"

I sigh. "I will. I hope Jacob is okay."

"He's stubborn, I bet he is just fine."

I chuckle. "Okay daddy. Be safe." I hang up.

Paul and Jared walk in, soaked.

"The tornado is here." Jared says with a chuckle as he shakes the water off.

"Jared Cameron, clean that up right now!" Emily start yelling.

"Thanks for the warning howl." Jared says as he mops up his wet mess.

I nod my dad and I plop down on the couch. I'm dry now. Emily sees the trees going nuts and demands us go to he storm cellar. Paul takes me and we all go outside. Sam locks the cellar and we sit around. I hear the wind screaming.

"It's here." Jared says spookily. "Shit, Kim!"

He grabs his phone and the lines are dead. Jared grows pale as the tornado screams above us I stare out the storm safe window of the cellar door and I watch things being picked up.

"Em, your lawn chair is in there." I wink.

She smirks at my interest in it before Paul distracts me. Emily and Sam begin making out. I sigh and I go to calm the worrying and pale Jared down.

"She is okay, Jared." I tell him. "I know she is."

He sighs. "I know she's okay. I'm just worried, that's all."

"That's normal, she's your imprint." I smile and I pay his shoulder.

The storm calms and we step out of the cellar. The house is still in perceive the condition, but the yard looks like shit. Jared curses at a tree in his car.

"I'll fix it." Sam says.

"Come on Jared, let's go to Kim's."

He smiles and climbs in my truck. Paul kisses me before I get in.

"I love your truck." Jared gawks at the dark red interior.

"So do I." I smirk before I start the bad boy up.

Jared runs up to the door when I park in Kim's driveway. He hugs her when Kim opens the door. I smile at their love and Kim gasps at my truck. She gets in with Jared and she puts him in the middle.

"Girl, I love it." She gushes.

"Thanks." I blush.

We drive to Sam's and we walk inside. Sam is working on Jared's car now. Emily has make some salads, because the electricity was cut off. We all eat and she hugs me.

"Go to Forks and check on your father." She whispers.

I nod and I jog outside. I climb into my truck an I start it up. I small at the small rumble in the engine before I pull away from their house. I drive towards Forks and pull into Charlie's.

Bella runs out and sees me. She smiles at my truck and she hugs me. We walk inside where the lights are off. They have a small radio playing. The lights cut on and they  all sigh in relief.

"Here's you go during the tornado?" Bella asks.

"I was at Sam's with Sam, Emily, Paul, an Jared." I say. "I saw the funnel cloud while on patrol and sent a warning howl."

We are in her room so Charlie can't hear this stuff.

"Any word from Jacob?" She asks.

I shake my head with a sad sigh. "No."

She wraps me in a hug when I begin to cry. I help da in my large truck and put his wheel chair in the back when he is ready to go home. I climb in and I see dad checking it out.

"Jacob bought it; I like it." Dad smiles. "Let's go home. I'm tired."

"So am I." I sigh.

I help dad into his wheelchair when we reach home. I wish Jacob were here to help dad. He just took off. I shut the truck door and I push dad inside the house. He goes to his room and I go to mine.

I change into some pajamas and I climb into my pillow top bed. I fall asleep instantly.