Chapter 34 - Rehab

Start from the beginning

"No baby...I'm here...you'll have to take care of yourself while I'm gone."

No more had I touched her and she grabbed my neck and kissed my lips so hard, her head tilted back as I gazed into her half-open eyes, I felt her storm pulling me into my own thunder and she panted, "Nothing compares to you and me together."

"Oh lawd Isa...I'm so very in love with you."

We laid there in silence gazing at one another. We couldn't keep our hands off of each other. I touched her face, hair, shoulders and couldn't get enough of feeling our babies move.

"Prince?"

"Hmmm?"

"I want you to know how proud I am of you and how much I believe in you. I know this is hard, but in the long run you're going to feel so much better and be healthier."

Unable to find words, my touch had to express how thankful I was for her. No one has ever said they were proud of me or tried to help me with this problem that I've been struggling with for over 20 years. When our lips parted from our kiss, tears were streaming down my face.

"Thank you baby. I'm so grateful to you for encouraging me to do this and being so supportive. No one has ever done anything like this for me ever. You're such a gift from God, do you know that Isabella? I love you baby. I promise to work hard and hopefully be home in the eight versus the 12 weeks. I know you need me too."

"Take the time you need baby...I want you healthy in mind and body when you come home...no rush job...take the time you need."

We picked the boys up from school together and came home and did homework. I then spent some one-on-one time with the boys practicing their instruments. Out of the blue Thad let me know what he was thinking.

"Why do you have to go on the tour so suddenly and for so long? I'm a little surprised you're leaving so soon after getting married and with mom pregnant. I'm not trying to be mean Dad...it just doesn't seem...well right."

And...there is was. Thad was my thinker, tell it like it is boy and he didn't stop there.

"Plus you always said you were taking a year off from music." 

Just as Thad was finishing up his cross examination of me, Isabella walked in hearing the end of it.

"Thad Chandler I will not have you speak to your father that way. Your Dad had an opportunity, he and I discussed it and we thought it was best for him to pursue it."

"I'm sorry Dad, I just don't want to see you go. We just got you and I want you here with us."

On the floor we sat together as I considered what to say.

"I know Thad...trust me when I say if I had a choice to stay I would, but unfortunately this is something that I cannot get out of."

Hugging me hard, I hugged him back with just as much fervor. Isabella winked at me, smiled and whispered in my ear.

"You are so loved...never forget that."

Isabella made my favorite for me, eggplant parmigiana, homemade bread, a huge salad and her famous cupcakes. While I sampled some bread crust dipped in sauce, Isa nibbled on my neck.

"I decorated the cupcakes especially for you."

"What did you do baby?"

Her hand slid across my bulge making me jump a bit.

"You'll just have to wait and see."

She just makes everything so special.

We finished eating dinner and she brought out the cupcakes. I flipped the lid on the box to find love symbol gold, lavender flower and cute Purple Rain ruffle shirt and coat cupcakes.