Chapter 17 - Shattered

Prince's POV

We have our morning routine down and are operating like a well oiled machine these days. Today, I dropped the boys off at school and then Isa at the foundation until 10 a.m. Then I'm taking her down to see Rita so that she can start looking for a wedding dress. Sarah said she will go the weekend as she can't get off work. I really don't want Isa to feel rushed on making a selection. I want everything easy and breezy for my girl.

The Christmas shopping needed to be finished. The boys were easy...I'm going to take them for ski lessons. I figure having an experience is better that another toy to pile up. Besides, they need to try these things while they're young and less self conscious.

Then there's the main event,  Isabella. Oh my pretty girl Isabella...my happy girl who only asks to be satisfied with the simple things in life. There isn't a piece of expensive jewelry that will make her happy...no...no...she needs more than expensive jewelry. The material stuff doesn't interest her. She needs something truly special so I spent my morning in the bitter cold at the park.

I showed up a bit early to pick Isabella up at the foundation. I love to see her behind her desk making things happen for other people. It warms my heart that the woman God gave me shares my passion for giving back and helping others.

As I walked into the foundation's offices, Shelly the receptionist looked very upset. I could hear yelling and it was coming from Isabella's office.

"What is going on?"

Shelly was relieved to see me, or maybe it was just someone as the offices were pretty vacant.

"This argument just started."

"Who's in there with her?"

"It's John Raymond from the accounting firm. He was also Chandler's best friend. Mr. Nelson, good God he's been after Isa for years...wanting her to date him."

As Shelly and I walked closer to Isa's office, the door was closed. Carefully I listened to overhear what the argument was about...I didn't want to overreact.

Hearing John, it was apparent that it was personal.

"How could you do this to me Isa? You know I've loved you for how many years and you'd never give me a chance. Now you're engaged to some guy you just met? Are you fucking kidding me Isabella?"

"John I've never had romantic feelings for you and I've never led you to believe otherwise."

"You never even went out with me to see if something could develop. So what...I was just like Chandler...too straight-laced? You needed something more dangerous this time around? No pediatrician, no accountant...you had to go nail a fucking rockstar Isabella?"

"Huh...thank you John." I chuckled, but that didn't last for long.

"John STOP! You don't know him at all and you're embarrassing yourself. I don't have to talk to you about my personal life. This is none of your business. Now I suggest you just leave!!!"

"None of my business? Chandler is rolling over in his fucking grave right now. I'll tell you all you need to know about Prince...he's a short, makeup wearing, womanizing dog that will drop you in six months and move on to the next piece of ass. Isabella he'll abandon you eventually...he can't be monogamous. He's a rabid dog that preys on women and their vulnerabilities. You're just a pussy to him. I bet he's fucking someone right now...you just turned into one of his many whores."

Shelly bounced back as I open the door and it slammed loudly against the doorstop on the wall.

As loud as I could I made my presence more than known. "THAT'S ENOUGH!"