Klaus, Save Us?

It was now a few days later, and I had finally managed to use my locator spell - I had used a red ruby necklace that he had given me as thanks for making one if his friends a sun protection ring.

I grinned as I finally found him, the only bad thing was that he was in New York and we were in Mystic Falls. Though Stefan had found a phone number. It was almost as if Klaus wanted to be found, which was quite a scary thought.

I punched the number into my iPhone 4S and waited for the Original Vampire to answer.

"Hello," his British accent drooled. "Who is this?"

"Hey Klaus, my old friend. How's life treating you?" I asked casually.

"Ah, Mikayla Bennett... Long time no see. To what do I owe the pleasure of this phone call?" He asked, straight to the point in the usual Klaus manor.

I weighed my choice of words carefully before answering. "I was hoping that I could cash in on that favour you owe me?" I asked, my voice not hiding my uncertainty on asking Klaus the merciless vampire for a favour.

Klaus laughed. "Of course, I suppose it's not for yourself. Witches have a cure for almost everything... What can I help you with?"

I knew that he wasn't exactly the biggest fan of Damon; I had to choose my words carefully. "It's my... Friend, Damon Salvatore. He's been bitten by a werewolf and I was wondering if you'd be kind enough to-"

"-to help him out, so to speak?" He asked, interrupting me. "Can't you just put the stake through his heart to stop his suffering yourself?"

"Actually, I was hoping you could cure him. You still owe me for giving you that dagger..." I said, getting more to the point.

Klaus sighed down the phone. "Of course, you have my word. I will be there as soon as I can. I'll see you soon, Love." He said, hanging up the phone.

I breathed a sigh of relief.

I knew that Klaus was reluctant to save Damon. he had always hated him; he probably would for the rest of his existence. He was only saving him because he owed me a favour and he is a man of his word. I knew he would follow through. He liked me too much not to. He'd always had a soft spot for me, seeing as I was a powerful witch - quite possibly the most powerful one alive.

I went to Damon's room and gently brushed his hair out if his face. "Mother," he breathed, catching my hand.

I internally cringed. he was hallucinating about his past; caught up in a flashback. I really hoped that Klaus would keep to his word and get here soon.

Just then Stefan walked through with two bags of blood, both of which he threw to me. Damon snapped out if the trance like state he was in at the smell. I caught the bags and passed one to Damon. He ripped it apart with his teeth and pressed it hungrily against his lips and drained it within seconds.

"More." Damon demanded in a whisper.

"...And here come the cravings." I muttered, rolling my eyes.

"This isn't something to joke about, Kayla. He could die. He will die." Stefan said, brooding once again.

I rolled my eyes. "I sorted it. Klaus is coming. You can stop brooding now, Stef"

Stefan looked mildly surprised. "What favour did he owe you anyway?"

"That's for me to know." I said, grinning mysteriously.

"You definitely do not wear your heart on your sleeve, do you Mikayla?" An English accent drooled from the doorway.

I turned quickly to face Klaus. "No, I don't suppose I do."

Klaus nodded once, agreeing with my statement. "Well, let's save Damon shall we? He really does look terrible."

I looked over at Damon with his extremely pale skin, blood shot eyes and he was drenched in his sweat and some blood that he'd thrown up.

"And yet I'm still the hottest male in this room." Damon said, a small grin tugging at his lips.

Klaus rolled his eyes. "Whatever helps you sleep at night, mate." he said as he brought his wrist up to his mouth and bit down hard before placing his hand over a glass and let the blood pour out. He handed the glass to Damon who looked better after he'd downed the glass in one fluid motion.

Damon nodded his thanks, too full of himself to say thank you.

"Thank you, Klaus." I said - he was an original vampire. I wasn't likely to cross him in anyway - I did that once and I wasn't going to do that ever again.

"No problem, Love. I owed you one for helping me take care of my little problem." He said, smirking secretly.

I nodded, inwardly thinking about how bad that sounded. Innuendo anyone?

I had helped him a lot. More than I should have done...