***

Jax's POV

No matter how hard I try, I can't seem to stop thinking about what Shailey's mum said to me.

I can't believe she thought that I was a bad influence to Shailey, that she had such a bad impression of me or that she wanted to me to stay away from her daughter.

Maybe that was why Shailey didn't want me there, maybe that was why she wanted to tell me to leave but she didn't had the heart to.

Mrs Costello's words replayed in my mind like a broken record that I can't seem to fix. I tried distracting myself but it didn't really work.

Avoiding Shailey and ignoring her is the worse thing I have ever did. It's difficult honestly.

Whenever I see her around, all I wanted was to go up to her to say hi, it's only the natural thing to do.

We were like magnets. I'm the north pole and she's south. Whenever I see her, there's this mysterious force of attraction, pulling me towards her, making it hard for me to avoid her or ignore her.

But I had to.

I don't want to make life difficult for her if her mum saw us together again.

But it breaks my heart every single time I see her smile fade away, to see that sad look on her face or to hear her sigh whenever I chose to walk away from her.

It hurts me so much, till the point where the pain felt numb. I never knew something could hurt this much.

Today, Shailey came looking for me again.

From the corner of my eyes, I see Shailey walking into the class.

I knew she was waking towards me but I pretended to not notice as I continued to bob my head to the music.

As I noticed her approaching closer and closer, I quickly stood up and went over to sit at the corner of the class, hoping that she would get the hint.

But Shailey being Shailey would never give up.

"Jax would you just-" she spoke and I chose to interrupt before she could finish because I knew I would give in if I let her finish.

"There's nothing to talk about Shailey. Please just leave me alone and stop looking for me. Your mum wouldn't like this," I told her and I could see the hope in her eyes fell and fade away, replaced with what I thought looked like a mixture of sadness, disappointment and anger.

"No. I don't care what my mum likes or dislikes. I care about you, I care about our friendship," She said as her green eyes stared straight into mine, capturing them.

I wanted so badly to pull her close to me and give her a big hug and tell her how much I miss being around her.

But I can't. I had to fight the urge from doing so. Instead, I apologised.

What for? For everything I guess.

"Shailey... I just...I can't do this. I'm sorry."

I watched as she opened her mouth, ready to speak but was rudely interrupted by the school bell.

I was thankful that it rang though, because I know I couldn't stand looking at Shailey being sad and disappointed for another second, knowing that I was the one who caused it.

I heaved a sigh of relief as students started to rush into the class, looking for any available seats.

Chatter and laughter filled the place almost immediately as they started talking among themselves.

"Alright class! Please settle down!" The teacher demanded as he gestured for us to settle down.

All I could do was to look at Shailey from the back as she talked to Kelsi who was seated next to her.

I wish I was the one sitting next to her, that I was the one she was talking to. I know this is contradicting but I can't help it.

But then again, why would I want to sit there and listen to her rant about me and talk about how I was the one who made her sad?

A/N:
Hey all!!! 😊😊 I'm really trying my best to update as frequently as I could! I know there was a lack of updates the last two weeks hence I'm trying to make up for that by updating more often for these two weeks!

Didn't know if you guys understood the last part but hopefully you do! hehe

Don't forget to vote, comment and share if you like this chapter!! 🙆🏻🙆🏻💕💕 Hope you guys enjoyed the exclusive Jax's POV!

See ya in the next update! 💜

Much love,
Rachel xx