Chapter One

This stunning banner was made by at BecomingApocalypse who always makes the best banners. Thank you!! (:

Send in your banner submissions to Midika36@gmail.com so I can give you a mention!

Word Count: 2084

~Aria

I felt a little guilty coming here.

Hugging my jacket closer to myself, I tilt my head away from the onslaught of sleet hitting me sideways. It had to be this kind of weather for what I am committing to. At least the piece of paper I brought with me was tucked under the faux fur of my coat. Not that it mattered.

Really, I wasn't trying to protect it. In fact, it was my lame attempt at trying to hide it from Alexa. Now I'm about to make trash out of Alexa's idea.

Pulling the slip of paper out, I assess it through the thick weather, hitting the side of the rubbish bin with a tin slap. The face of my very own Alpha glared at me, his blue eyes, melting slightly from the icy rain, staring deep at my soul.

Maybe if I could see past the blurry pixels from botched printing, I might have thought he was attractive.

Sure, I've seen him on television, but I never took much notice of Malik. Something about him makes me uneasy, which I scold myself for thinking, since I don't know him personally. At least he protects our Pack, and gives us all we need. Who cares if he's too beautiful to look at for too long.

Alexa's words not mine.

"Sorry Malik, Alpha's aren't my type," I mutter, before crumpling the submission slip up in my fist, and tossing it straight into the communal rubbish dump.

The moment Alexa had given me the slip, I had agreed to keep her quiet. She doesn't need to know I didn't actually sign up, like I promised. I felt bad for sneaking about, and lying to her, but it wasn't like I was about to be chosen anyway...

But clearly I'm somewhat afraid of Alexa, since I had to throw it in the dump, rather than my own home bin. She might have spotted it that was, and I wasn't ready for the verbal beating my friend can be good at.

It was just the idea of competing for his love that I didn't like...

Glad it was a success, I turn around and walk back toward my car. The old thing is probably battered by this weather, that hasn't let off all day. The snow may be something to marvel, but the moment sleet threatens, everyone's mood plummets.

My hands shiver as I fiddle with my keys in my pocket. Someone else has pulled up in their small truck, nosing into a park a few spaces from mine.

As I slide the metal into my car, I cast them a glance. At first, I think it is someone here to drop off their rubbish, which clearly is common. Stopping myself from being too nosy, I look down to where I had finally forced my clammy hands to unlock the car door. It wouldn't have been the first time I've gotten a key stuck in the damn thing.

"Excuse me ma'am."

I flinch, dramatically tossing my keys up, before they landed with a metal ding on my car roof. My heart sporadically beats, as I turn to see who's warm voice had interrupted me.

It's an average looking man, the hood of a dark jacket pulled over his head. He looks bothered by the weather, and quite frankly, I don't blame him. But he looks friendly enough, as he cracks an approachable smile.

However, he looks a little foreign, which catches my interest. He's definitely not originally from this Pack, that's for sure.

"Sorry," I mutter, snatching my keys off the roof. "You startled me."