Chapter 10: Getting Back To School

"So Hun how was it? You find any boys?" My mom hinted at me. Raising her eyebrows at my from the rear-view mirror.

"Mom, come on now you are driving pay attention to the road and not about my love life." I rolled my eyes trying to not pay attention to the words coming out of her mouth.

"So there is a boy! Who is he? What's his name? Where does he-" She started the new boy conversation, until I cut her off.

"Just stop okay, there is no one that is in my love life. So please knock it off. thank you." I strictly said while leaning towards the window with annoyed by the subject.

"Fine, I see how this is. Well I just won't talk about it anymore, for your sake." Rolling her eyes but still looking at the road in front of us.

"Thanks you!" Raising my hands in joy.

We were on our way home and knowing that. I knew this year of school was going to be intense. School coming up so abruptly I knew I had to start getting ready soon. Slow down on the parties that I went to with Jess and start thinking of my new career that will be starting up. I was in my last year of high school now. Which means that I needed to work harder so that I could get into the college I wanted.

Ever since I was younger I wanted to be a doctor and now I have decided to go with being a pediatrician. This means that there is going to be a lot of hard work for the next few years. I knew if I worked hard enough these couple years of high school, I could hopefully get a full scholarship to the University of my dreams.

With knowing this, it means that it will be harder to talk to Niall. This doesn't seem that hard to me because we can't really have anything going on. Since our ages are a couple years different. I know that it really sucks that I can't be with him, although I know he likes me and all. I just can't think like that right now. Especially going into college soon.

Jess is already thinking of how soon she will be starting college. Which means that when we graduate we will be going our separate ways. She going into veterinary medicine (studying to be a large animal vet) and I am going to human medicine. We both sadly won't be going to the same school. I know a few others in my class that are deciding to go to the same University as me, which will be great. But it is sad to know I won't see my best friends almost every day.

We are about 20 minutes away from home when I see that I got a text. It wasn't from anyone in particular that I was expecting. It was one of my exes that broke up with me a year ago. This is really weird, I never thought I would be seeing his number on my phone again. I even deleted his number because I knew that he wouldn't be in my life anymore.

From Scott:

Alie I want you back. I have been thinking this over and I really want to talk to you over some coffee tomorrow?

To: Scott:

No, you broke up with me, don't you remember? Don't talk to me again okay? Goodbye.

I hated when guys did this, they ask for your forgiveness, even though they moved on and broke up with you. Just because they found someone better. That text just had to put me in a bad mood, thanks Scott! Agh! I just can't stand he even had the guts to text me about getting back with him! Ha, never in a million years would that happen.

"What's wrong Alie?" Jess looked over to see me clenching my fists into a ball.

"It's nothing, Scott texted me for forgiveness and to have some coffee tomorrow so he could talk to me. Agh, I hate how guys do that!" I rolled my eyes looking outside the window to see the city I grew up in getting closer every minute.