You Stole My Heart Ch. 12

“Shay and Doniya better be lesbian for each other.” Were the first words I choked out, sitting on the swing with Tessa in front of me, silent.

“I had no clue, I opened the door and you should’ve seen the look on his face. His parents asked for Shay and your mum took over, telling Zayn she was going to find his br-“

“Shut up.” I said, cutting her off and she stayed silent.

“Are you ok?” she asked, a few moments later as I stared at her knees, moving to stare at my hand where a tear fell. “Oh Catalina.”

“Just, stop, please.” I choked out, standing up. “I just, I want to be alone right now.” I said, moving past her to the frozen turned off fountain, placing my hands on the edge as Tessa stayed outside with me. “Can you go inside and get my purse, please.” I choked out finally. “My keys too.” I added, turning to her when she didn't respond.

“Yeah, of course.” She said, staring at me for a moment before heading inside, shutting the door behind her. I walked across the yard, to the gate and making sure it was still unlocking when the door opened.

“Thanks so much.” I breathed, still having trouble. “God has this gate always been this stuck?”

“No.” she said softly, handing me my purse and I took it, wiping my cheeks as she fumbled with the gate.

“Fuck ill climb over it, I can’t go back inside.” I shook my head as the door opened, Shay stepping out.

“Catalina?”

“Not now please.” I begged, glancing at Tessa who placed her hand on my shoulder.

“There both here.”

“Open this fucking gate.” I complained, gripping it.

“Hey, the door works just fine.” She said, walking closer, their feet out of synch.

“She’s parked closer to the backyard.” Tessa said. “Plus shed have to say goodbye to the whole family, you know she can’t sneak out properly if everyone’s tying her down.”

“Finally, fucking hell.” I choked out, getting the gate to open.

“Catalina I wanted you to meet-“

“Look I have that party and other things to do. I’ve got to go.”

“Just meet-“

“I don't care Cheyanne.” I said, looking at the two of them, 3 feet away from each other and him watching me carefully. “Fuck I don't care at all. I’ve got to go.” I slammed the gate closed in their faces, glad it was so tall as I leaned against it.

“I'm so sorry about her.” Shay tried.

“I'm not, he deserves it, fucking prick.” Tessa said, storming off.

“My whole family tonight.” Shay tried. “I don't know what’s gotten into them.”

“It’s ok.”

“No, it’s not Zayn, they need to like you.”

“NO they don't have to do anything. They shouldn’t have to agree to something we have no control over.”

“Look, I know you’re not ok with this whole thing, I know its news to you, but I’ve known all my life my husband was going to be chosen for me. I'm ok with it, I’ve welcomed it even, you can be bitter about it all you want but you have to understand that I'm happy about it.” He didn't respond, only scoffing. “Yeah its arranged but I never had to go through heartache, I never had to deal with that.”