The Email

I was having a pretty bad day when my dad got the email. It was an average, rainy day in Oklahoma. My rusty old wheelchair sat under me at all times, because my parents didnt feel like putting me in a bed anymore. I have full strength in my waist up, but hardly any below that. Some doctors say I still have hope to walk again, since it was so late in life that my legs gave out.

I was sitting by the window in my room, looking at the rain drop from the sky. I was watching my favorite youtuber, Ihascupquake. My father came running in, holding his laptop.
"Make A Wish sent us an email, they are going to come interview you," he proclaimed with excitement. Make A Wish is a company that goes to the homes of diabled kids, and makes a wish of their's come true. This wish can be anywhere from going to California, to getting a bag of candy.

My father has been tracking Make A Wish ever since my legs gave out. That was when I was eleven. I'm fourteen now, and my father still makes it apparent to Make A Wish that I am disabled.
"Great, when are they coming?" I asked, still looking out the window. I wasn't very excited about this meeting, because I know my dad will make this about him. He always does.