"Alright, cubs," I groaned as I rose to my feet. They giggled and ran up behind me making sure to stand close beside me. I sighed and looked towards the entrance of the den. I gulped in fear and exhaled once more before I flicked my ears forwards and gave my four beautiful children a soft smile before I lowered my head. Salama was the first to run towards me and rub her face against my own. Her three brothers followed after her and copied her actions. Kellan was a bit hesitant, as rubbing of the face was a way of showing acception of your family members. But, he leaned his face against mine and rubbed it softly against my own. I felt happiness soar through me as he did. He smiled and giggled causing me to do the same. I then raised my head and looked over my little ones.

"Let's go home."

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

Tanabi's P.O.V.

My paws were aching from the amount of pacing I had been doing for the past few hours.

"Is your goal to wear out your paws?" I rolled my eyes at Shanni's voiced and continued pacing.

"Is your goal to annoy me every second of the day?" I retorted sending her a glare. She narrowed her eyes at me and flicked her tail in anger.

"Don't you have anything better to do? Like watch your kids or something?" I asked with a scoff while stomping my paws over to her. She rose to her feet and gave me a low growl.

"Vitani needs to get here sooner," my heart leaped at the sound of my mates name. "You've been a raging beast since she's left." Mheetu said with Aslan and Cecil close by him.

I turned my body around to get a better look at the three before I sat myself down.

"I have not," I retaliated looking down at my paws.

"You've lashed out on everyone but the cubs," he said looking up from his boys. I groaned and shook my head before getting back on my feet.

"Sorry," I mumbled, "I'm just stressing over her and the cub and...me. I don't know what being a father is or how to behave like one. How am I supposed to be the part if I haven't a clue as to what it even is."

"I grew up without a mother and I think I'm pretty good at this," Shanni spoke making me look over at her. She moved from her resting place over to Mheetu and took over bathing the cubs while Mheetu came and sat beside me. Little Aslan sat beside his older brother, waiting his turn to be bathed.

"I told you before, you'll be fine. You'll know what to do," Mheetu assured placing one of his paws on my shoulder. I sighed and nodded my head.

The past month I had been replaying events in my head of what I could possibly do wrong as a parent. It scared me to know that I had no parental experience and now I would be a parent at any moment. Vitani being alone in some gloomy den made my thoughts worse. I didn't know if she was safe or what the gender of our child was. She had promised that Rafiki and Jama would visit to keep me in touch, but, they never did. They would even decline M.K. and Ayodele of any information when I had sent them.

"Stress gives your grey fur, Nabi. Lie down a little while. I'm sure Vitani and your little one will be home soon," Shanni said as she licked behind Aslan's ears.

I nodded my head and rested my body against the cold cave ground. I shivered at the suddenness of it while getting into a comfortable position. I then sighed and rested my head on one of my giant paws and continued to stare out of the cave.