"Uh, what are you doing?" Robert asked curiously as they pulled out the school and onto the open road.

Jane blushed and laughed slightly, "Oh, nothing. But where are we going?" Jane asked, running her eyes over all the features of this car. She'd never been in a car this nice. 

Robert looked over at Jane, taking one hand off of the steering wheel, he flicked her playfully on the nose. "You'll see. It's a surprise." He joked, smiling at Jane.

She rolled her eyes and looked forward. 

---

After about fifteen minutes of Jane and Robert sneaking glances at each other and Jane blushing when he caught her, they finally reached this secret place. It merely looked like a hilltop. Robert cut off the engine and looked over to Jane with a weird expression.

"We're here." He stated, mashing his eyebrows together.

Jane turned to him, confused. "What's wrong?" She asked, hesitating to bring her hand up to his cheek. When she finally decided to do it, Jane smiled at him as he looked up at her with a relieved expression.

"It's nothing, you're just the first person I've brought up here...ever." He let out a deep breath.

Jane's mouth dropped. Jane was the first person he's ever considered bringing up to his hideout? She felt honored and confused at the same time, what did it mean? Something stirred up inside Jane and she leaned over and kissed him sweetly on the cheek. 

He looked up instantly, all the confliction in his gorgeous blue eyes disappeared. He'd made the right choice bringing Jane up here with him. He smiled and jumped out the car, hurrying to Jane's side to open the door for her. She grabbed his hand as she got out and they walked towards the edge of the hill.

It was truly breath-taking out here. Not a single inch was untouched by some kind of flower or beautiful plant. Great oak trees lined each other, their branches tangling into each others, providing just the right amount of sunlight to break through. It gave the place a cool breeze. The air up here was fresh, clean and without the heaviness of the real world. It was way better than any hideout Jane had ever thought about going to. 

Jane twirled around on the tip of her toes, making her dress expand and flutter around her. She smiled, giggling at Robert. 

"Wow, Robert. This is so great. I ain't never seen anything like it. Thank you for letting me be the one you open up too." Jane sighed, sitting down on the soft grass and crossing her legs. She looked around as a few butterflies flew past her face. 

Jane's breath caught as she felt Robert sit next to her, his scent flowing warmly to her nose. He leaned back on his hands, streching his legs out and crossing them over each other. She looked over at him. He looked even more amazing, if possible, up here. It was if being in the reality of the real world clouded his appearance. She felt like running her hands through his hair and kissing him sweetly as the sun went down. But maybe she was getting ahead of herself? 

"Ah, Jane. I couldn't think of anyone more fittin' to bring up here with me, 'til I met you that is. I-I can't even use the right words to describe you." Robert said, scooting closer to Jane and caressing her red cheek. 

"Well, try." Jane breathed, closing her eyes and leaning in closer to Robert. 

"Amazing, beautiful, timid, intelligent, the list could go on all day. Your turn." Robert leaned in and planted a kiss on Jane's forehead.

She was overcome with joy. Jane lifted her fingers to trace his shirt. "Hm, attractive, charming, funny, unique. Shall I continue?" Jane smiled and rested her head on his chest. She felt so comfortable and safe when she was around him that it was crazy. 

Robert chuckled, "I think I get the picture. Thank ya. So, tell me about yourself. What's Jane Wright's story? It has to be pretty good."

"Actually, it's pretty simple. I have a black father, white mother and an older sister who's twenty five. Lived here my whole life and my sister lives in New York. See? Simple." Jane sighed and sat up straight, the thought of her sister always made her sad. She missed her so much. 

"Not simple at all. A white mother and black father? An older sister who lives in New York? You must really miss her." Robert added.

"I do, everyday. But she's doing what she loves so I'm happy for her. Now, what about you?" 

Robert looked down, that conflicted air filling him again. "Well, I got a mom and dad. My dad ain't no good. Comes home drunk half of the time, and I got a twenty five year old brother as well. He still lives with us, working at the dealership fixing cars." 

"Oh, I'm so sorry. I know that must be hard with your daddy." Jane said, rubbing his shoulder.

"Ah, it ain't nothing. Don't be sorry. Anyways, what's your sisters name?" 

"Shirley Wright. Why?" 

"Her name sounds mighty familar, something my brother always used to talk about. Anyways, what do you wanna do when you're grown?" Robert asked, smiling at her.

And so Jane told him everything. She spilled out her hopes and dreams to him, always keeping him fascinated. Every once in a while he'd offer a smile or a laugh, but he never interrupted Jane. She told him how she wanted to be an author and write poetry, or possibly a math teacher. 

After a while, the sun started retreating under a distant set of hills. Robert stood up and reached out for Jane's hand.

"But you didn't tell me nothing about you!" Jane exclaimed, pouting at Robert.

"Hm, tomorrow? Perhaps." He asked.

Jane shrugged, "I suppose." She grabbed his hand and stood up as they walked back to Robert's car. 

When they got in and Robert started to back out, she turned to him and smiled dreamily. Had she really just spent that much time on a secluded and beautiful hill with Robert Clarke? Yes, yes she had.

"What period is it?" Jane asked, yawning.

"I think it'd be lunch when we arrive." Robert said, turning the dial for the radio. A Billie Holiday song filled the car and Jane lit up. 

"I like this song!" She screeched, humming along to it.

Robert looked over at her amused and started snapping to it.

"You must be joking me! You fond of Billie to?" Jane asked, gleaming at Robert.

"Oh lord, yes! She's a walking miracle." Robert concluded as they pulled into the school parking lot.

Jane nodded in agreement and smiled as they parked. Robert cut off the engine and turned to Jane, a lovestruck look on his face. He really did adore Jane. She finished humming as the song came to an end, then she too looked at Robert. Their eyes met with extreme intensity. So many thoughts ran through Jane's head. She bit on her lip as she leaned over to him, her hands clutched his collar.

"Thank you." Jane whispered in his ear. 

Chills ran through Robert's body as he wrapped his arms around her waist and drew her in closer to him. Jane's legs wrapped around his torso as she leaned in rested her head on his shoulder. 

"I don't wanna leave you." Jane whimpered.

"I don't want you too leave me." Robert answered, kissing her lightly on the forehead.

They sat like that for a few more minutes before they heard the lunch bell ring from inside the school. They said their goodbyes and exited Robert's car.

When they were just in front of the entrance, Robert kissed her cheek and looked into her eyes. 

"Be safe, Jane. I'll see ya tomorrow." 

---------

Hey, guys. I personally think this was an adorable chapter. Umm, so yeah! Thanks so much for voting and reading, I never thought I would get close to 2,000 reads. Anyways, don't forget to vote and comment so I can know what you guys think about my story! Next chapter will be up soon! Bye (: