the yawning grave

Oh, you fool, there are rules I am coming for you

Darkness brings evil things, oh, the reckoning begins

Amelia left the office as soon as the case was closed so she wouldn't have to deal with Steve. Waved goodbye at Kono and sprinted down the stairs.

"hey" said Danny when he met her outside "where you're running of to?"

"I'm exhausted. I need to get home Danny." She explained.

"No goodbye kiss for Steve?" he smiled "he's parking the car- my car that is." He laughed "he'll be here in 2 minutes."

"Danny-" He hid his hands on his pockets, looked at her amused. He was messing with her, of course he knew that she and Steve were not on good terms and he was trying to lighten the mood. Maybe even stall her a little bit,.

"listen, I don't know what happened exactly but he wasn't like himself today. Something was obviously bothering him- the only thing he told me is that you two had a fight." Amelia looked to her left, Danny chuckled "gosh you're just like him. He does that too, look away when he's uncomfortable." Danny stepped closer, placing his hands on her shoulders, making her look at him "you guys have a thing and if I were you I wouldn't give up on it."

"how long have you been working with Dr. Phil?" she joked.

"talk to him Ams. He really cares about you, he's worried. He has lost too much, he just doesn't want to lose you too."

Chin joined them smiling like always, Danny let go of Amelia and gave her one last smile when he saw chin. "Kono told me you were leaving already. You won't come at komakono's?"

"no brother I'm sorry. I'm a little more tired than usual." Her voice trailed off when she saw Steve coming up to them Steve came up as well. She looked at him, scared that he'd may say something in front of chin. He looked at her with a disappointed and an impatient look, she couldn't take it.

You could cut the tension between them with a knife. Chin kept looking back and forth at them, confused. Amelia patted him on the shoulder "I'll see you tomorrow guys." She announced and walked away. She kept walking without looking back, she looked at her phone and then-

"bloody-" her phone dropped on the pavement, her heart with it. Amelia looked up at whoever it was she bumped to, meeting a very familiar face. Laura Hills, the governor's right hand was standing before her, apologizing for her clumsiness. She was wearing her black sunglasses and holding a yellow envelope in her hand, which she was quick to hide behind her back. "no Laura it's fine don't worry." She picked up her phone and looked up at her again, smiling. oh listen, since you're here do me a favor and set a meeting with me and the governor the soonest and let me know."

"Sure thing. I have to rush now though, I'm sorry." Laura left quickly, leaving Amelia to wonder where she was going exactly but she didn't think about it too long. She remembered that while rushing to get out of the office she forgot her jacket upstairs on the 5-0 offices and went back to get it.

Steve saw her coming in from his office, wearing her black skeleton glasses. He knew she must have seen him too already and that she was probably ignoring him. It irritated him, the way she used to irritate him when they first met. When he left her house this morning, he promised himself that he wouldn't give on getting the truth out of her. The case kept them both busy for the rest of the day and gave her an excuse to avoid him and their upcoming fight, she left quickly after the case was closed and he didn't say anything then so he wouldn't make a scene in front of chin but the time had come and Steve was going to do all he could to get her to speak to him.

He went to her office, knocking on the door just a little so she'd see him and walked in, closing the door.

"we need to talk-"

"Steve I'm exhausted! I need to get home- I'm not in the mood for round two."

"that's bad because you're not leaving unless you speak to me!"

She took of her glasses and let them drop on the desk. She let her body lay on the chair, holding on to the handles, tapping her finger. He waited for her to speak, throw another witty one liner at him, yell, anything but no matter how long he waited she'd just look at him. She wasn't going to talk.