2.

I fiddle with my keys, and swing open the door as Seiji runs inside ahead of me, no doubt heading to watch his favorite cartoon. Tooru enters in behind me, carrying grocery bags in each hand. He looks around curiously, carefully studying everything the house contains. He lingers by the few framed pictures of Seiji as a baby, then follows me to the kitchen.

"Your place is so nice (Y/N)-chan." He smirks, pretending to be snarky like he was in highschool.

"Thanks, we've lived here for a long time, but I still haven't made it homey enough.." I smile, putting away groceries. I don't know how to react to Tooru being here, I can feel he wants to ask me so many questions, yet I don't want to answer any of them.

"(Y/N) is... Is Seiji my-my son?" He asks shakily, while his brown eyes bore into mine.

"Yes." I say lightly, almost like I'm answering just any other question. I watch his face contort into anger and then into a look of disappointment. His attractive features reconfigure, and when he looks at me I feel disappointed as well.

Just from his look, I feel the regret we both share, the silent wish that things had gone differently. I wish he would blame me, yell at me, or something to tell me what he's thinking, but instead an awkward silence fills the air.

"(Y/N) you should've told me. You still talk to all of my friends, it wouldn't have been hard," he sighs, watching me prepare dinner.

"I know," I mumble, not meeting his eyes.

Then, a shouting toddler comes bolting into the kitchen, "Mommy! They found it!" Seiji tells me, jumping up and down and tugging on the hem of my shirt.

"What are you so excited about?" I ask, picking him up and turning off the stove.

"...Aliens." He whispers loudly, cupping his hands around his mouth.

"What did I tell you about watching those shows Seiji!?" I groan, faking a huge sigh.

"You said to watch cartoons. But aliens!" He gasps, then tries to get out of my arms so he can go to Tooru.

"Oikawa do you believe aliens?" Seiji asks, looking up at Tooru with wide eyes.

"Off course! Aliens are going to take over one day and we'll all be their-"

"Tooru." I sigh, making a plate for each of us.

"I feel that our so-"

Before he can finish his sentence, I shoot him a cold glance, and he stops. I don't have anything against Tooru personally anymore, yet having someone else claim Seiji is uncomfortable. It's been just Seiji and me, and suddenly someone else is trying to claim him as theirs.

"Sorry." He laughs breathily, rubbing at the back of his neck.

I shake my head before beginning to place three plates on the table, and grabbing chopsticks.

We sit around the table, and I watch as the boys eat quickly and messily. Seiji is his fathers son for certain.. Everything about Seiji would remind me of Tooru, and now that they're sitting beside each other, it's even harder to deny it. Maybe Seiji needs- No no no, I can't do this to myself.

"(Y/N)? Are you alright?" I hear Tooru ask, as my mind is brought back to reality.

I nod slowly, and watch as Seiji shovels more rice into his mouth, continuing to munch away happily.

"All done!" He grins, placing the bowl on the table, then looking at me with puppy dog eyes, "Can I watch TV?"

I look at the clock and sigh, "It's during the week..."

"Can you take tomorrow off?" Tooru asks suddenly, "We could all go do something-"

"I already took all the sick days I could to watch Seiji when he was sick. But tomorrow is Friday, so Saturday we could do something." I smile.

Part of me is excited to spend time with Tooru, and play house just for a little. The rest of me knows I'm being naive, and that Tooru will be out just as quickly as he wandered into our little lives the second something better comes along. Just like he always does.

"Okay then, Saturday." He returns my smile, "You should give your mom a break and go to bed." He tells Seiji.

Seiji nods, and plays with his fingers, "Your bed?"

"My bed." I sigh, standing up,"I'll help you with pajamas, then you can wait in there for me."

Seiji grins, and runs to my room, not wasting another minute. I laugh as I watch him speed off, and pray he doesn't trip.

"He's a cute kid." Tooru tells me.

"He looks like you." I say, my voice scarcely above a whisper.

"I wish you told me. I would have been here for you."

"Can you do the dishes while I get him into pajamas?" I ask, changing the subject.

He nods, and I walk to Seiji's bedroom, not looking back to face Tooru.

•••

Seiji grins as I pull the alien print pajamas over his head, and he quickly runs out to show Tooru.

"Woah." Tooru gasps, as Seiji stands giddily in front of him. He's happy to have someone who finally appreciates the whole alien thing. It's not that I hate it, I suppose I'm just not as enthusiastic about it as they are.

"Now you should get in bed." I yawn, as Seiji's mouth opens and closes like mine.

He nods quickly, and motions for me to bend down. I do as he wants, as he pecks me on the cheek. He looks so cute as he does it, I almost squeal.

"I love you." He grins, and waves goodbye before heading to my bedroom.

I chuckle as I stand up, as Oikawa stands behind me, "I think you did a good job with him (F/N)."

"I tried." I mumble, as a tear silently rolls down my cheek.

"Hey (F/N)-"

"I'll see you Saturday then Tooru, I'm glad we ran into eachother." I smile weakly, as Tooru stares at the ground.

"Saturday." He repeats, as he heads towards the door, "I'm not going to let you wiggle out of Saturday." He smirks, slowly closing the door behind him.

I run a hand through my tangled hair, and sigh, staring at the closed door blankly. I don't have the words to describe the swirl of emotions within me, instead I simply shake my head and walk towards my bedroom. Where a tired Seiji is pretending to be asleep, awaiting my return.