Six

"I read about these things in the room with all of the video footage the-" Bethany started.
Dave interrupted by shouting, "RUN!" They group ran passed the "robotic security alien" and out of the UFO.
     "This way!" Olivia yelled running back towards the town. The storm clouds had cleared and the sky was now light blue, but the group didn't pay attention they were too busy running. They rushed through the corn field and passed Becky's dad's wing place and the donut shop.
     "It's following us!" Kevin yelled. The group looked back to see the "robotic security alien" following them. Dave who was in the lead of the group turned left down Pumpkin Ave the rest of the group close behind him.
     "Hey Fred, Mickey! Isn't that your mom?" Amber asked.
     "Yeah!" Fred yelled. Mrs. Mcallister was driving her mini-van down the street they were running on.      "MOM! MOM! MOM!" Fred yelled to his mom.
     "There's no way she can hear you, Fred!" Dave shouted, but Mrs. Mcallister had stopped her car and rolled down the window.
     "Mom! We need a ride!" Fred said.
     "Well okay sweetie," Mrs. Mcallister said. Everyone got into the car and buckled up. "Everyone have their seatbelts on?" she asked.
     "Mom just go!" Fred said, he was sitting in the front seat and saw that the "robotic security alien" was getting closer. "Everyone is good, okay?"
     "Well okay. Off we go!" Mrs. Mcallister exclaimed. She then sped forward and took a left.
     "Um, Mrs. Mcallister? Why aren't you in Hill City with the rest of the town?" Amber asked.
     "Oh I volunteered to drive my own car plus I didn't know where my little oogle boogle little boys were," Mrs. Mcallister replied.
     "Mom!" Fred yelled. The rest of the group laughed while Mickey's face beamed, he loved when his mom praised him like that. The car slowed down. "Er... why is the car slowing down?" Fred asked.
     "Whoa there. Looks like we're outta gas" Mrs. Mcallister exclaimed.
     "No, no, no, we can not be out of gas!" Olivia shouted.
     "Sorry dear," Mrs. Mcallister said pulling the car over.
     "Mom we can't stop!" Fred yelled eyeing how close the robotic alien was.
     "You kids go on I'll stay here and listen to my tunes," Mrs. Mcallister said smiling. The group exchanged looks and got out of the car. They turned to see the robotic alien right behind them.
     "ID and traveling papers," it said metallic voice stern as ever.
    "We don't have any ID or traveling papers you robot alien dude!" Kevin yelled and threw a rock at the alien.
    "You will now be eliminated," it said. A silver gun came out of the side of the security alien and shot at the feet of the group. They screamed and ran down the street passing the library and the post office.
     "Bethany! You said you read about these things?" asked Dave.
     "Yes! They deactivate when the blue color on the inside turns red!" Bethany shouted to Dave.
     "So how do we do that?" asked Dave.
     "You have to say you want the 'mercy clause' and answer the riddle it give you!" Bethany responded.
     "Well that's stupid!" Olivia yelled.
     "Hey robo-alien! We want the mercy clause!" Dave shouted at the alien, which immediately stopped, causing the rest of the group to come to a screeching halt.
     "Mercy clause: answer my riddle if you dare. Listen closely because I won't spare," it said putting the gun away. "You will always find me in the past. I can be created in the present, but the future can never taint me. What am I?" it exclaimed.
     "Hm. Always in the past. Created in the present, but the future can never taint me," Bethany whispered to herself.