The Darkness

My first story guys. So no hate please, and sorry about the spelling my editor hasn't had a chance to go through it yet.

Prologue

Sat on the cold stone floor I thought to myself, how did I get here, how did I become this none existing person. I'm like a ghost, or a memory from a long time ago. But I know I'm real. Well at least I think I am, but in this world who knows.

My name is Cassie Wilde, but were not known by names anymore just numbers or insults. This is what my world has turned into, a never ending horror, stretched out before me. The is the time of the darkness, where ash falls from the sky like a shower of rain. And where magic rules all.

We run. We fight. We hide. And some of us fall.

But we will keep on. Together. Forever.

Chapter 1- The beginning

The tall mountains of Longstone stood great and proud with small streams of ice blue water running down them. Behind them stood a small rundown cottage, with a ratty old straw roof and an over grown garden. The valley in the summer was lush and green with specks of pastal flowers. But in the winter it was glazed with a blanket of silver glittering snow, that sparkled like diamonds in the winter sun.

For several years now a group of us have lived here hiding out away from the Fusce Dominis, as they call them selves. They are a group of twisted dark Wizards that keep everyone 'in line' as they say. Really they just want to control us see magic is key, it is the only power left on this world. But it is a dangerous one and in the wrong hands like theirs it is used to enslave people, we are all victims here none of us wanted powers but I guess thats just how life goes. So we have to move on and stick together it is the only way to survive in a world where Darkness rules all.

There are 4 main types of powers eath, air, fire and water. They may sound simple but they are more powerful than you could ever know, and once you have that power it will never go away. That is why we hide because they can never have our powers for themselves it would destroy the world. Instead we train incase the day comes when we have a chance to take back are freedom and the rest of the worlds freedom, and trust me it will come...soon I hope.

I live with my little sister Lily, she is 7 years old with long flowing golden hair and wide excited glass blue eyes, and to me she is the only thing that matters anymore and I will never let her go. Her power is air, its not the strongest power there is but it represents her exactly sweet, but strong and as quiet as a mouse. The only problem is that I worry about her, can air really protect her and will she ever be able to live in a world without fear again.

There are many others that live with us, but we try to keep are distance who knows who you can trust in this world anymore, and even if you do trust, your friends may not return alive because once you are out there they could strike at anytime. No one is safe!