Guns, The Mailbox and Harry Styles?!

(A/N This is my first story so bare with me guys or girls if your girls)

Chapter 1:

Skylar was woken up by the screeching sound of her alarm clock demanding her attention. It was graduation day and unlike any other day Skylar was already out of bed and ready for school. Smirking at her alarm clock, because she's weird like that, she ascended toward the annoying object before grabbing it and throwing it towards the wall, which was something she normally did when the terrible device annoyed her. She smirked again in realisation that the unbreakable alarm clock once again proved its worth when it didnt break.

Skylar wore a blue and white stripped t-shirt that stopped just above her waist line where her trousers hung- a very out dated look that used to be really trendy until people realised that the choice of clothing was a bit bold. Skylar didnt care though she had learnt to not change herself for the pleasure of anybody else and growing up with a over protective best friend (Luke) who was constantly reminding her of this, it was hard for her to even be able to change her thoughts on simple things such as her favorite colour or tv show etc.

Luke looked nothing like Skylar who had blonde curly hair, dark blue eyes and a slim figure in contrast to Luke straight brown hair, brown eyes and fit figure. The pair had been best friends since childhood when Luke's family moved in next door to Skylar's. Both shared a very strong relationship and though there had been the occasional romantic thought of one another they never acted on it as they were more like brother and sister than anything else.

Grabbing her IPhone with a penguin case, Skylar hurried down the stairs and into the kitchen where her dad sat reading the mornings newspaper. Skylars dad worked for the English Navy and was on leave so he could be there for skylar on her graduation day.

Mr.Parks thought of himself as quite a handsome man and was quite bulky since he had to be so he would be able to defend England against any attacks from overseas. Unlike Skylars blonde hair Mr.Parks had brown curly hair quite like Luke's and if anyone ever saw them together they could have been mistakened of being farther and son!

"You're up early," he stated while setting down his paper upon realising that his favourite and only daughter had entered the kitchen.

"So are you," she retorted, it was unusual for Skylar to see her dad up at this time (7:00am) especially if he's got holidays from work, he would normally still be sound asleep tired out from all the hard work he puts into protecting the country.

"I wanted to see my lovely daughter one last time before she graduates, is that such a crime?"

"It is," sighing she added " Dad you're exhausted, i can tell, you shouldn't be up, its graduation day not the end of the world!"

"Fine," getting up Mr.Parks gave his daughter a kiss on the cheek before leaving the kitchen.

Grabbing a apple to eat Skylar popped her head into her dads room, smiling when she saw that he was still sleeping,she headed towards the huge victorian looking flat and rang the strange door bell that always stopped working at random times, sighing in relief when Skylar realised that this was not one of those times she patiently waited for someone to answer the door.

Bursting open, Skylar was lucky enough to avoid getting smashed against the door as Lukes little brothers ran out eager to get to school as it was the last day before the term ended and the summer holidays started.

Still a bit shocked at Lukes little brother's eagerness Skylar failed to notice the smirking boy creeping up behind her.

'Boo,' luke burst out laughing as Skyler fell to the ground

'You idiot' Skylars screamed once she noticed who it was and realised that it was probably irrational of her to think a monster was the one to say 'Boo'

'You should have seen your face!' Luke boomed with laughter as the picture of Skylars terrified expression ran through his mind.

'Shut up,' Skylar mumbled embarrassed ' Lets go.'

Getting up of the floor Skylar made sure to give Luke a slight shove before they both started making there way towards 'Everston College home of all things educational'

'So what you been up to in the past few hours' Luke questioned.

Smiling to herself Skylar began to talk about her encounter with Mr.Parks.

Once arriving at school the pair promised to meet up at Skylars house after school since it was half day (A/N Half day→ School finishes at 12) and they aren't in the same classes.

Classes went by in a blur for both of them and they hadn't even realised that it was now the end of the term and the end of school for ever for both of them at that very moment. As promised the pair met up outside Skylars house before going in.

'Im home' Skylars voice was the only thing you could hear throughout the house at that moment before Mr.Parks voice boomed throughout the house.

'Im in the kitchen honey,' the voice called 'A parcel came for you today i've put it on your bed.'

'Alright dad me and Luke are going upstairs call me if you need anything'

Dragging Luke by the hand they made their way towards Skylar's room which was on the ground and only floor of their house since it was a Bungalow.

'Looks like someones got a secret admirer,' Lukes teased once he saw the parcel laying on the bed, ignoring the comment Skylar rushed towards the brown cardboard box,

'Wait a minute, how about this, you open the parcel and i read the letter?'

'You just want to know who its from dont you?'

'yes, indeed I do.' He admitted sheepishly before grasping the letter and ripping it open. It read...

" For H.S

heres the stuff ya need yeh keep dis one wiv yah ur not gonna get another till a month cause stocks out"

Luke was so interested in the letter (even though it was poorly written) that he failes to notice a terrified Skylar sitting next to him with a shiny object held in her shaking hands. Interested in the letter Luke kept on reading not paying attention to anything else,

so yeh heres yah u know wat keep it safe

J.S

'Well that was interesting, what is it Skylar?' Luke turned to face Skylar and upon noticing the object in her hands froze

'Is..is that a..a' Luke struggled to even form a simple sentence.

'Yes It is..Luke its a.....Shotgun!!'

(A/N Thanks for reading this book i hope you enjoy it. This chapter was just a filler chapter to get this story started and give you a taster of whats to come. I would really appreciate it if you would vote as it only takes a few seconds to and means alot.

I normally update every two days so keep an eye out for updates and be sure to share this story.)